opinion of sub performance (not the which is louder crap)

Thinking about goin to a few different brands iv never had experience. Just want any info i can get as far as performance, parts flawls basically what to watch out for. As far as brands was tbinking either crossfire (xs v2 18) dc audio(lvl6 18) or aa(smd 18) one sub set up possibly for now. Vehicle is a 99 4 door tahoe. Any info would be gr8 and yes iv used google lol

I don't know if DC fixed their soft part issues as far as reliability.

The original SMD was cool, but the V2 looks ugly imo. I wouldn't want to buy something branded with Steve Meade's name though

I haven't payed much attention to the crossfires to really form any opinions about them. I have no experience with that brand.

What amp will be on it?

LV6 motor is a very solid platform but I've also seen lots of failures from either poor softparts or poor build quality with DC subs. I also think you're supporting a colossal douche bag by buying anything that says "Steve Meade" on it... though the sub should be of good quality. Softparts will likely be horribly expensive if you break it.

I haven't seen Crossfire subs in action, but they are on the leaderboard of DB Drag page which would have me believe they're doing something right. I know their amps are solid, and you certainly don't hear any bad reviews on any of their stuff.

Seems like money isn't an issue for you, so consider also LMS 5400, DD 99XX, or the top tier Ground Zero, or even team Sundown for other big boy subs.

I've always loved Memphis subs. Living in Memphis maybe I'm one sided but I've had kickers, jbl, fossgate and a few others, but when it comes to deep smooth clear bass Memphis stood out. I still have my 08 Mojo 12 and it's been through some rough times but it's still bangin

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mehh on ur first 2. Yea dd iv heard makes decent subs. Kno im just following hype but im kinda stayin away from ct sounds. Sundown mehh never owned them and never been really interested in them. I see them for sale all the time on local craiglist so if they r so gr8 y r ppl gettin rid of them. I think my thread should of included that im tryin to stay away from the foad style leads like my sp4. Direct leads to me work better and my 2 fi q 15s r proof of it compared to the sp4

Im basically limited bc this isnt my truck for good. This was just a spare vehicle to drive bc my jeep needs a rebuild so wallin is out of the question even though i want to so bad which is y i just want a good 4in coil beast to run

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.