Time alignment

You can, just set it properly, start off measuring the distance from your the mouth of the port if your sub is ported and measure it to your ear. Now lower the sub level till it blends with your mids, then play music and fine tune till you feel the bass is coming from the front windshield.

Moving bass up front is more about bass to mid bass blending than T/A.
Point me in the right direction to accomplish. I never even tried running a Sq system so I really lack this kind of knowledgeable. Hence why I'm here

Point me in the right direction to accomplish. I never even tried running a Sq system so I really lack this kind of knowledgeable. Hence why I'm here
its pretty simple man just start measuring the distance from each driver to your ear and entering values if its in inches. If your head unit does not use inches but M/S need to learn how to convert inches to Meters per Second. Afterwards just play with it. Refer to my first post for blending.

Just use your ears. You need to cut out any peaks from the subs so they don't jump out at you. Where the subs meet the mids needs to be a smooth transition.

It's been said that even with a subwoofer up front it can fail to give "up-front" bass if it's not executed properly. If you want one seat to sound really good then time alignment helps, as it will compensate for speakers mounted at various distances from our ears. Time alignment is a good tool but it's not automatically going to give you up-front bass. All it does is digitally store a small sample and play it later. There needs to be a smooth transition from louder frequencies at 60 Hz and under through to roughly 160-250 Hz, which I like 10-15 dB lower than the bass. You might like less or more bass, but all of this is just numbers and words without learning what's actually going on in your car.

Pick up an RTA app for your smartphone if you have an iPhone or Android. Get a pink noise track. We can help better if you want to dig into this further.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.