Question over amp fuses a D what not

luis_88
10+ year member

question I had is if two amps both have 60 amp fuses for example, one is advertised for 600rms and other is rated for 750rms, would they be the same power output wise? Or should I just spend the extra money for the one that says its 750 rms?

The one that puts out more power is more powerful.

There are different topologies and designs with amps which have to be taken into account to indicate their potential output power in accordance to their specifications.

If you put 1000A worth of fuses in those amps neither would start to make more power. Most unscrupulous manufacturers realized that people who think they're clever believe that a large fuse is a sign of a more powerful amp so most that are trying to misrepresent their products over fuse.... most over-fuse anyway. It's highly unlikely that a 60A fuse will protect a 750W amp if something went wrong.

Perfect that answers the question, I was just confused because I seen a mb quart 750 and was looking at other amps to compare, I'd see other amps advertised saying 500-600rms but still with a 60 amp fuse so I just wasnt sure if mb quart over rated there products

Perfect that answers the question, I was just confused because I seen a mb quart 750 and was looking at other amps to compare, I'd see other amps advertised saying 500-600rms but still with a 60 amp fuse so I just wasnt sure if mb quart over rated there products
What is the other amp you are looking at?

Price range? Might be able to give you some good suggestions.

Possibly audiopipe, going to get two jl w3v3's wired at 2ohm so I suppose 800-1000 rms, doubt there's a audible difference between 200 watts though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.