Best of these 7 15's for the money?

Best of these 7 15's for the money?

• Total voters

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Upgrading from SA-15 and I'm using the same box. Did some researching and found several 15's that will both: require the same cutout diameter (14.125" to 14") as my current sub and box, and be fine in my 3.5 ft^3 of volume. Tuning will have to stay roughly the same (33.5 Hz) even though I'd like it to be lower. Just doing a direct swap to save money and keep it simple. I want something that will be as considerable an upgrade as possible from my current setup shown in my signature.

Budget for sub: under $600, preferably closer to $400

Power: about 3-6kW

I'm definitely open to other suggestions and would love some, but I've come up with these options so far:

AA Mayhem ($552)

Sundown ZV3 ($539)

IA Death Penalty ($519)

Skar ZVX v2 ($489.95)

DC XL m2 ($484.99)

SSA XCON ($473)

Fi SP4 ($464)

Upgrading from SA-15 and I'm using the same box. Did some researching and found several 15's that will both: require the same cutout diameter (14.125" to 14") as my current sub and box, and be fine in my 3.5 ft^3 of volume. Tuning will have to stay roughly the same (33.5 Hz) even though I'd like it to be lower. Just doing a direct swap to save money and keep it simple. I want something that will be as considerable an upgrade as possible from my current setup shown in my signature.
Budget for sub: under $600, preferably closer to $400

Power: about 3-6kW

I'm definitely open to other suggestions and would love some, but I've come up with these options so far:

AA Mayhem ($552)

Sundown ZV3 ($539)

IA Death Penalty ($519)

Skar ZVX v2 ($489.95)

DC XL m2 ($484.99)

SSA XCON ($473)

Fi SP4 ($464)
Where the fvck is the hdc4 15 on ur list? 429 shipped ..will hang with all those subs and outdo most of them

Where the fvck is the hdc4 15 on ur list? 429 shipped ..will hang with all those subs and outdo most of them
No it won't. Stop pushing Soundqubed lol.

AA MAYHEM OR IA DP get my vote for spl purposes. For daily ground pounding I would choose the sp4 just because of the 4" coil for thermal handling

No it won't. Stop pushing Soundqubed lol.
AA MAYHEM OR IA DP get my vote for spl purposes. For daily ground pounding I would choose the sp4 just because of the 4" coil for thermal handling
Why wont it ? Not pushing anything he said he wanted to stay near 400..so it fit the needs

Why wont it ? Not pushing anything he said he wanted to stay near 400..so it fit the needs
The usual for soundqubed.. cheap Chinese copy, crappy soft parts, high FS, (good of he is burping high I guess), they are just not quality. I know you have heard this countless times haha

This^^^ or the dc. A lot of the other sub choices require 4 to 5 cubic feet for decent performance.
One of the reasons I listed these 7 specifically was because all their recommended box sizes as per their respective companies go down to 3 cubes...

The usual for soundqubed.. cheap Chinese copy, crappy soft parts, high FS, (good of he is burping high I guess), they are just not quality. I know you have heard this countless times haha
they do well for normal music along with edm rock and metal if you dont like decaf 24/7 not necessarily a burp sub. Other subs are a lot less punchier from all the demos i've gotten from sundown Xs, SP4s, zv4s, etc... Most subs are chinese since Americans dont manufacture ferrite nor baskets.

Neverthless, hdcs would not work in his box welll.

One of the reasons I listed these 7 specifically was because all their recommended box sizes as per their respective companies go down to 3 cubes...
Most of them post minimums, but on caco, many people went with much bigger specs and their results were a lot better.

It would've been my first choice entirely because of the price but the cutout and volume requirements won't work well with my box. It needs a somewhat unusually small cutout diameter. And the super high fs turns me off. I want a daily ground pounder that will do well in ~3.5 ft^3 tuned to ~33.5 Hz.

Yes and ive also owned a pair for years and none of that is true except for high fs which means jack shiiit once u out it in a good box..ask anyone who has sat in my car when i had them ..it was a fvcking wind tunnel.id take them over half the subs on that list. Yet u picked a sub that has caught many cars on fire lol ...his box might be a lil small for the aq but id put it up against that whole lineup all day

3-6k power, is a big difference and not a single person said anything about it. So what are you powering said sub with?
Depends entirely on the sub. Probably should have specified that. Will be getting 280 amp alt and 2 batts to run an efficient Brazilian amp so I'll most likely be using 3-6kW. Pretty sure 280 amps support a Brazilian 5000W without breaking a sweat. With korean I'd have to go lower power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...