Why is the ms8 discontinued?

market for processors has always been small. ms8 doesn't appeal to the hardcore tuning crowd who want to do it themselves and the casuals don't see the point in having a processor to begin with. It has done alright in sales I'm sure, but probably not compared to other JBL products and they have a lot in R&D into this thing.

I like mine for the most part, but I do miss being able to tune things myself.

market for processors has always been small. ms8 doesn't appeal to the hardcore tuning crowd who want to do it themselves and the casuals don't see the point in having a processor to begin with. It has done alright in sales I'm sure, but probably not compared to other JBL products and they have a lot in R&D into this thing.
I like mine for the most part, but I do miss being able to tune things myself.
What dont you like about it?

I spoke with my region's JBL sales and marketing guy about this last December. He covers car audio and all the "home" Harman brands. MS-8 was about to become more expensive to produce, which would have resulted in a retail price increase. That would effectively kill it.

Ill never own one..I enjoy tuning...and having those options

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif Price was a little too steep for me to even consider.Im fine with a T/A hu and pre amp eq in most cases.

Ill never own one..I enjoy tuning...and having those options//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif Price was a little too steep for me to even consider.Im fine with a T/A hu and pre amp eq in most cases.
hit up a soundstream harmony or mini dsp 2 to 4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.