Honestly.... 2-12s vs 1-15?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I currently have 1 -15" American Bass Hd15. Would it even be worth it to switch to 2-12s? My HD is ran at .5 daily just like the 12s would.

Both firing out of trunk... I just don't know if its even worth. The trouble.

Opinions?

With the same power I believe you'll get a slight increase, but I don't think it's worth the trouble of purchasing new subs and building a new box for ~50 square inches of cone area.

With the same power I believe you'll get a slight increase, but I don't think it's worth the trouble of purchasing new subs and building a new box for ~50 square inches of cone area.
See this is my dilemma exactly

Yea I want to try some thing different but the more I think on it, it seems like to much trouble for what it's worth. 50 square inches of cone and me spending a few hundred extra dollars on buy the subs, extra 8 guage, building the box etc

I wouldn't do it unless you add power. With the same power and similar cone area, I've always been louder sending it all to one sub vs. splitting it to two. Not worth the expense IMO unless you double your power, which is even more expensive.

If you have the money and like to build boxes go for it. You might get lucky, but don't expect to be blown away with more output.
I think I'm just going to keep it... Just doesn't seem like its worth the trouble

If you're going to spend anything get 3 more 15's and wall it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you're going to spend anything get 3 more 15's and wall it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Go a 2 year old.. Not happening lol...

Why not try out a 4th order trunk wall like this one?

I'm keeping my 15 and I plan to. When I get another vehicle I'm redesigning my box. I made this one to big. I misdesigned it because I rushed. Now I have time to really think it out. It didn't do bad considering its like a 40% completed build(not sealed off, no deadner, sub par electrical etc. Lol..

I don't think HDs like 4th orders to much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.