Kicker L7 15" vs Alpine SWR 12"

ogitchadaw

What will sound better overall?

I want that deep bass heard from down the block but still want to hear the music. The doors already contain 4 Alpine 6.5" SPR-60C's (110W RMS/330W peak) ran by an Alpine 4 channel PDX-F6 600W (150W RMS per channel) amp.

Looking at running a pair of either subs each on their own Alpine PDX-M12 amp.

The amp produces 1200W RMS at either 4 or 2 OHMS.

The L7's peak is 2000W and 1000W RMS.

The SWR's peak is 3000W and 1000W RMS.

Also not sure as to go with either the 2 or 4 OHM subs.......

Any help would be great.

Since you haven't purchased yet, better can be had for the price of the ones you mentioned. That being said, the best way to way to choose your subs is to know your budget first, then how much space are you willing to sacrifice, and the proper box for which ever you finally go with. Most on here will hate on the kickers, those alpines are decent, but as I stated prior, better can be had at their price point. Good luck dude, hope you can find what you want, but I must tell you that this schit is addictive, and welcome to the forum.

What will sound better overall?
I want that deep bass heard from down the block but still want to hear the music. The doors already contain 4 Alpine 6.5" SPR-60C's (110W RMS/330W peak) ran by an Alpine 4 channel PDX-F6 600W (150W RMS per channel) amp.

Looking at running a pair of either subs each on their own Alpine PDX-M12 amp.

The amp produces 1200W RMS at either 4 or 2 OHMS.

The L7's peak is 2000W and 1000W RMS.

The SWR's peak is 3000W and 1000W RMS.

Also not sure as to go with either the 2 or 4 OHM subs.......

Any help would be great.
For the price of a pdx m12 amp, you can get a much more capable amp power wise.

SSA Store - SoundQubed Q1-4500D.1 Monoblock amplifier

any subs on this site will absolutely destroy your two choices.

Sub Woofers - SSA STORE

Either way you'll need to upgrade your vehicle's electrical and get a custom ported box. Without a custom box you wont get loud nor will you sound good.

Whether a 12 or a 15 would work would depend on how much trunk/cargo area you have. Go take a tape measure and measure up the Depth x Width x Height and report back to us.

Agreed L7's are da shizzz..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Yep and I keep my shitt packed if u catch my drift
I get ya drift:

tumblr_n9mhvdIa4f1tat24fo1_500.gif

dont go withe the type Rs, loved them while i had them but the coils only lasted 3 months and "poof" theyre gone
People that know what they're doing can put over rated power to them without problems, for a bit longer than 3 months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.