issue with a viewsonic pjd 6210

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
Kinda self descriptive in the title, but the blue ring around the controls light up and flash like normal and when the power button is pressed the fans turn on ant it acts like its gonna turn on, but then shuts down. All 3 fans are powering up (the 2 box fans and the squirrel cage fan) but doesnt make the normal sound that it usually does (which is a kind of beeping type sound, but more so sounds like a high speed fan kicking in a couple times). I took it apart and took a video of what its doing for your dissection. Any help is truly appreciated, and please forgive the dorky annotations at the end of the video The projector is the source of entertainment for an 11 and 13 year old //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif help please!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the power side.. Probably an issue with the calories (wtf phone.. Capacitors, not calories). After that check logic board IC's.

I'm almost sure it's the capacitors.

Thanks for the quick reply man!! Ill check that out when i get home! That does sould logical as projector issues are usually caused by heat and caps on boards popping are usually caused by repeating heating and cooling. Ill look. Again, THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply man!! Ill check that out when i get home! That does sould logical as projector issues are usually caused by heat and caps on boards popping are usually caused by repeating heating and cooling. Ill look. Again, THANK YOU!!!!!
I had an issue with my viewsonic before. I no longer have the projector but when I did, the caps on the power side looked fine, tested them and replaced 4 of them.. Then she started working again. If you wanted to be safe you could replace them all with some better ones.

Upgrade to the Benq w1070, best projector I've used at home. Makes a fantastic theater experience... If you want to upgrade lol

Where did you get the caps from and is it a crazy repair job? I can solder, but haven't ever worked on a projector before. I'm willing to try as its broken now anyways, but if you have a few details you can drop when its convenient, it'd be ever so appreciated man!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.