Eclipse Aluminum 15 HT sub build

Participant count
  • Participant list

UMWDawg92
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Missoula, MT
Hey, I just thought I'd share my most recent project that I've started. I'm building what should be a nice home theater sub into a functional end table. I'm using an older eclipse aluminum driver I've had just hanging around for awhile. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the Eclipse Aluminums, it is a TC9 motor, 3 inch coil with ~20mm of xmax and over 30mm of usable travel. They will handle 1000rms no problem and are low end monsters. They are excellent SQ drivers with solid output.

So after getting the T/S specs pulled I modeled up an enclosure of 8.8 cubes net tuned to 22hz This gives me an f3 at around 21hz and usable output into the high teens. It should handle about 1000rms without and hit ~120db at 20hz in room.

I'm using 3/4 mdf with 1/4 maple plywood laminated to the outside with green glue to create a cld setup. It is heavily braced with 2x2 and 1x2 lumber. The top panel has several layers of fiberglass on it and the entire inside has been painted with resin. The sub will downfire and the port is an 8 inch sonotube. The plan is to get a piece of granite cut to be the table top. I had room for a large end table in my living room so the big box is not an issue.

Ok on to the pics.

The woofer:

Box in progress, Yes I know the bracing is not perfectly symmetrical and square. I wasn't too worried about it. It is very solid.

One with my build partner

Here is current setup, I have been building a few diy speaker designs. The tower is called the Cinderella designed by Curt Campbell I have finished one and the other is still being worked on. My overnight sensation mtms are currently wired in series together and filling in. They will later become the surrounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.