DSP confusion- please help a noob

Doc Fluty

As of this moment i have (boxed up) a set of Focal K2 165 KRX3, two focal solid-1 amps (500x1) and two focal solid-2 (75x2) amps.

I plan on using one focal solid-2 to power my tweeters and midranges and the other solid 2 to power my mid bass 6.5".

I will use both solid-1 amps to individually power two 2 ohm subs. Right now im leaning to 10" arc audio blacks because of the reputation and smallish sealed box they require. This could change.

Now comes the confusion....

Helix dsp pro, arc audio ps8, audison bit 10, rockford 360.3, alpine pxa-h800, audio control something ect...

what does what? ..or who has the best?

Basically, i am trying to use the factory HU out of my 2015 challenger and create a nice sound stage up front with my 3 piece components and some deep fill in the 20-60 hz range from the subs...

im sure with the 3 piece there is going to be some phasing/time aligning issues so i want to make sure whatever I buy cleans up all that mess from the factory HU before i send the signals to the amps.

Which one, or other i left out, would you suggest for my system?

side questions... seen some people using audison bit play hd for streaming music off phones... would that be needed with above DSPs?

If you are using the factory HU you need a DSP that completely wipes out the stock EQ.

MS-8. Once you figure out what it wants it will amaze you. You won't be the guy talking about how you can't get you stage right.

It will over process things for unknown reasons. You might need to try many gain structures for the auto calibration to get it right. Does extremely well when rear fill is used or a center channel

360.3. Hear a lot about noise issues. And it's Chinese sell out Fosgate.

Alpine. Great unit but you will need the controller $$. It has a road noise correction mic. Does good with rear fill or center channel. Easy to use.

i've heard good things about the soundstream harmony 8ch and it beats the hell out of anything else when it comes to price

It's a mini DSP in a case.
I hear good things about BOSS and it beats everything in price.
you're trying to compare amplifiers to DSP's. Doesn't work that way. in the case of these dsp's they all use the same internal ic for the dsp capability and the software is all stemmed from the same thing anyway just different gui's

you're trying to compare amplifiers to DSP's. Doesn't work that way. in the case of these dsp's they all use the same internal ic for the dsp capability and the software is all stemmed from the same thing anyway just different gui's
Whatever you say. There is more to it than chips and software. Voltage, stable memory, graphic vs parametric, noise.

He has a stock EQ. Do you know what happens when you try to process something that's already processed?

If you don't stick to what you do know

There are many people that are very happy with their Helix DSP-Pro units. Of the ones you have listed, that would be my choice. Stay away from the Soundstream Harmony/PPI DSP-88R....these units are not miniDSP based & have had a lot of issues. The PPI DEQ.8 and Soundstream Synthes are solid units, were miniDSP based, but are no longer in production.

i've heard good things about the soundstream harmony 8ch and it beats the hell out of anything else when it comes to price
Its a really basic DSP, better tuning then you would get on any sub 300 dollar head unit however i would not even put it on the board vs the ones the OP is looking at. Anyways I just got a harmony today. Gonna see if this is worth its weight in anything.

There are many people that are very happy with their Helix DSP-Pro units. Of the ones you have listed, that would be my choice.

If OP isn't worried about having, or controlling, rear speakers then the DP PRO is overkill and he can get all needs with 8 channels for a lot less. In my own case, I'm a picky mutha who wants 11 channels, which no one makes, so I recently bought a Helix Pro myself which is the next best thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.