Gas/Oil prices hitting low bad

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
So hows everyone liking the drops in price for gas?

As some of you know i work in the oil industry, creating pipes and parts before they ship to the field.

I usually make a lot of money for less work as many need rush orders and low tolerances.

I also do large orders which i USUALLY ship 25 parts first week for company inspection then the rest on scheduled dates.

Up till now due to price drops and new gas deals, the orders currently made have been put on hold due to low demand and no real need of parts.

That leaves guys like me with half a pay check and demand for smaller work from smaller companies..

Anyway im not going broke, but after tools and etc.. Take home pay is not as much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Hows everyone in the field coping??

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

well I was bringing home around 7k a month during the boom now I m around 4k a month. Lots have been laid off from the company I work for and another round is coming soon. my hard work and dedication to safety and service quality has paid off with a promotion and currently with job security. I have been on many rigs as they were on their last hole, the faces of the men knowing that they will be out of work within days is hard thing to forget. The low morale and somber work place is something I deal with daily at the shop and on rigs.

i dont think that gas prices are the problem, it's greedy corporations that keep maximizing their profit without any concern for those who actually do the work.

So hows everyone liking the drops in price for gas?
As some of you know i work in the oil industry, creating pipes and parts before they ship to the field.

I usually make a lot of money for less work as many need rush orders and low tolerances.

I also do large orders which i USUALLY ship 25 parts first week for company inspection then the rest on scheduled dates.

Up till now due to price drops and new gas deals, the orders currently made have been put on hold due to low demand and no real need of parts.

That leaves guys like me with half a pay check and demand for smaller work from smaller companies..

Anyway im not going broke, but after tools and etc.. Take home pay is not as much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Hows everyone in the field coping??

my company makes and grinds the oil rigs 60 ft stabilizer bars, we also get in those bars as well to check for straightness and make adjustments and re grind them to size.

we used to get about 12 a month or more. and thats alot of work . we see now maybe 2-4 a month so i know the oil industry is still not yet back up

and those bars are top dollar items as well. a fully machined bar from scratch to finish product is a easy 500k bar.

well I was bringing home around 7k a month during the boom now I m around 4k a month. Lots have been laid off from the company I work for and another round is coming soon. my hard work and dedication to safety and service quality has paid off with a promotion and currently with job security. I have been on many rigs as they were on their last hole, the faces of the men knowing that they will be out of work within days is hard thing to forget. The low morale and somber work place is something I deal with daily at the shop and on rigs.
I share a building with a company so i know how you feel.

This is the reason i have hired one of the laid off employees to run my machine, trained him and now even tho i have the opportunity to just stay home permanently i decided to get a part time job so not only will i have something to do, but i gave the guy i hired a raise to cope with the oil status.

i dont think that gas prices are the problem, it's greedy corporations that keep maximizing their profit without any concern for those who actually do the work.
Actually it works the opposite from your thinking.

When there is too much oil to be produced most companies lower prices not only to keep customers, but to give them the low cost fuel when they can.

If they were so greedy they could keep the same price permanently high while they stuff there pockets with cheap oil costs coming the other countries.

I cant say that for most companies as the united states enforces a national gas price so companies do not get too greedy, but like walmart they seem to always try to give more for less.

Oil prices have gone down for a few reasons. One is to keep fracking for oil here from happening. Fracking can't compete with Saudi Arabia price wise. This also keeps the US from maintaining any kind of energy self sufficiency and basically destroying the fracking industry. It's a control mechanism.

The other thing is that the economy is probably going to collapse and the drop in oil prices indicate such.

Oil prices have gone down for a few reasons. One is to keep fracking for oil here from happening. Fracking can't compete with Saudi Arabia price wise. This also keeps the US from maintaining any kind of energy self sufficiency and basically destroying the fracking industry. It's a control mechanism.
The other thing is that the economy is probably going to collapse and the drop in oil prices indicate such.
And apparently fracking is beyond dangerous/bad for our health, look up fracking testimonies

And apparently fracking is beyond dangerous/bad for our health, look up fracking testimonies
Yes I do agree. Fracking is not good environment wise.

Our country is controlled by our sources of energy to a long extent. You know, we could use that giant light bulb that we float around once a year to power most everything, but no. You can't make money on a free, renewable resource. Gotta have the oil money coming in and have to keep people in fear of losing oil, or else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.