Any custom mounted or "housed" amp ideas/pics?

Participant count
  • Participants list

95lincdog

Senior VIP Member
Ok so I snapped off 3 of the 4 screw downs that mount my amp. I heard I can use industrial Velcro to mount it. But I want to go a little more flashy, maybe a wood box plexi glass led lighted route. Anyone have any pics of anything they've done or seen like that? If my amp is fully enclosed, would I need a small fan or two to help cool it?

Depending on the output of the amp fans could be a good idea if its fully enclosed. SMD make temperature monitors you can set and hook the fans up to so they'll turn on when they hit the designated temperature

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

like this? i did this for a forum member on here a few years ago for a hifonics xx cyclops 4kw... "The flux capacitor" ..lol

This is a Lanzar opti2000d i am not finished with yet... I have 4 more capacitors to replace and cut holes for the fans, paint,etc. etc....

I had no choice but to put this amp into a cooling box. The upgraded power supply rail capacitors stick out past the bottom of the heatsink.. plus i have no way of mounting the amp being upsidedown..

The amp has had the power supply upgraded with better transistors all the capactiors inside the amp replaced.. all 27 of them. most of them are cornell dubiliers that are made in the usa...

No need to take the circuit board out of the heatsink..

All you need to do is build a wooden box and make sure the box is bigger than the actual amp .Flip the amp upside-down. You need room for the fans to let the air circulate around the heatsink. 1 inch will do on the sides. 1-1/2" on the ends. space the bottom 1/4". use 4 wood blocks to wedge in between the sides of the amp and the inside of the cooling box so the amp wont flop around inside .

ppi835.jpg'%20alt='ppi835.jpg'>

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.