C1500martin 90 RCSB build

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
Well the time has come, after numerous failed attempts of putting stuff in the truck i was always left unhappy, first fi q12, couldn't fit a box, zv4 10" box had to little port area, dayton HO 12 didn't like the plain jane look, w6v3 12 not enough output and kept hitting my elbow on the box lol. So now the time has come and there will be no going back... 4TH ORDER BLOW THROUGH WITH 2 TANTRIC SOUNDS HDD 15'S!!! YUP i am doing what i said id never do...cut my truck open. This was totally un expected and I'm probably going to get killed by my father or by my girl by the end of this lol. Its going to be expensive, and a hopefully a fun and final build (pfft yea right). onto the equipment!

The truck: 1990 gmc C1500 RCSB
Lowered 5/8 on 22's with under-bed step notch.

The source to control it all: Alpine CDE-HD149BT

The Subs: TANTRIC SOUNDS HDD 15’s Carbon Fiber Caps D1

The Amplifiers: Well everyone knows what soundqubed amps look like and i currently dont have pics, running a 4-90, 200.2, and looking for a 4500.1.

The Electrical: Singer 6phase 320A alt

Trying out a Juicebox Lithium 20Ah…hope this isn't a bad choice, lets keep our fingers crossed guys!

Power Cable: 2/0 welding cable (havnt ordered it yet)

Speakers: Haven't decided yet still contemplating if i should go PA or 2 sets of components and an 8” mid.

The enclosure will be built by CSCStang and currently debating if i should try an octo blow through or just stick to traditional port. definitely will update with pics as more comes along!

And want to give a special thanks to @mylows10 and @anger without them i wouldn't have these sexy beasts!

truck is to nice to cut up.and like you said.

you will not be happy after some time.

o by the way...

NICE TRUCK...
thanks man. i know its going to hurt cutting her but plan is to make the cut as clean as possible and weld it back on later. would be a 13x13 if i go onto port so it won't be TOO bad

I've thought about a blow through in my truck..but that means I have to get a bed cover..and cut a hole in my truck. I'd also lose bed space...another reason why I also haven't bagged it. Maybe one day I will..but I keep talking myself out of it. Look forward to your pics and progress! Definitely tuned in..

I've thought about a blow through in my truck..but that means I have to get a bed cover..and cut a hole in my truck. I'd also lose bed space...another reason why I also haven't bagged it. Maybe one day I will..but I keep talking myself out of it. Look forward to your pics and progress! Definitely tuned in..
the bed space was my main concern since i ride atvs but once i dropped it so much and put the low pro tires on it using this truck to go off roading became impossible so thats why i said F-it. i originally wanted to bag it to lay frame but that was VERY expensive and a lot more cutting that a blow through.

The enlcosure as stated will be a 4th order 2.25:1 ratio sorta, kinda around there with 3.9^3 sealed and 9.8^3 ported. Before subs and port. Subs will be inverted into the ported area with plexi in the bed to look at dem purtty things moving.

Box should be right up to here. Middle of wheel hump.

thanks guys! hope this turns out well and as desired. this whole 4th order thing has me worried I'm doing all of this for nothing, but too late to turn back now!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.