Priceless collectables?

Vagomire
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I drove down to this guy's shop to price out an install in a 1962 Covette that isn't running. The car is being rebuilt and restored from the ground up and he already has all the stereo equipment BNIB.

I get there and it turns out he has a pair of Xtant amps and some seriously ****** MB Quarts with neo magnets.

I know these amps (used), x1001 and x604, are valuable and rare. I'm only curious how much they are worth being brand new never played??

200phkl.jpg

317h2tu.jpg

Thanks for posting in the correct section //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I have no idea what they are worth. I have a LNIB Xtant 404M that is pretty sexy too. Those neo quarts are sweet.

Thanks for posting in the correct section //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I have no idea what they are worth. I have a LNIB Xtant 404M that is pretty sexy too. Those neo quarts are sweet.
You're welcome.

They are like $4-500 used so I'm thinking a thousand a piece?

I almost want to see if I can buy the stuff off of him just to have it lol.

Definitely gonna ask for on of the giant xtant stickers

do a search online and see what pops up.
Retail is about $1200 and they are selling for half that used.

But this is a discontinued item so does that make it worth even more..?

Apart from collector value (if people collect xtant) comparable quality amps today are nowhere near 1000$ each. While the old Quarts are very nice, comparable sets of components can be had today new with warranty for 500-600$ range I'd think. Find the RIGHT buyer and they may pay dear for the stuff since it's NIB but I'd say the stuff isn't appreciating in value like the Vette.

Nice stuff, but don't see a lot of people looking for old Xtant amps. If it were BNIB old school PPI art or something it might be sought after by collecters.

It's like anything else though, the stuff is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

This stuff is worth buying if it has value to you as a collector. As technology advances, new products rival the antiques at and at a lesser price. If you're getting a super deal on some of this stuff, it's definitely worth it. I haven't seen car audio stuff appreciate in value much over the years. With inflation and all, it's the last thing I'd looking at to make an extra buck. What adds value to you, as a buyer, is that you can aim at putting together a unique system. Saw a dude at a show with an all Treo system, was pretty sweet looking since that stuff isn't everywhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Vagomire

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Vagomire
Rockford, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date