What are some very good speaker brands?

I am looking to buy some speakers and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I have been looking around and noticed a couple of brands like CDT, Rainbow and image dynamics. If I have to I would be willing to spend a bit more than $500 a set. I am looking for sq. I drive a 2006 Chevy trailblazer. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Check out Hybrid Audio Technologies. (HAT). Really nice looking products and were really popular a while back. The Unity line fits your budget and should be really good.

I am looking to buy some speakers and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I have been looking around and noticed a couple of brands like CDT, Rainbow and image dynamics. If I have to I would be willing to spend a bit more than $500 a set. I am looking for sq. I drive a 2006 Chevy trailblazer. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
madisound.com has plenty of raw drivers (including the aforementioned scanspeaks). You can pick up some awesome ones at a good price, pair them with some solid tweeters and you can run an awesome active setup for a fraction of the cost. If you're looking at HAT, Clarus comp set can be had in your price range and reviews are very positive. If you know how to run an active setup and know how to pair different tweets/mids together, you can save a good chunk of money by not running passive x-overs.

Be careful with raw drivers like scan speak. Some are meant for sealed enclosures and are not protected against the elements.

They are designed for home theaters not car doors. You may save a few bucks but they may not last.

Be careful with raw drivers like scan speak. Some are meant for sealed enclosures and are not protected against the elements. They are designed for home theaters not car doors. You may save a few bucks but they may not last.
Yeah. Paper cones are really good as far as sound goes, but for cars, when a paper cone is used, it's generally treated with something. The ones we've seen at the show were all dash mounted in some pods, cone exposed. That would be the best application for those as exposure to the elements is limited.

Yeah. Paper cones are really good as far as sound goes, but for cars, when a paper cone is used, it's generally treated with something. The ones we've seen at the show were all dash mounted in some pods, cone exposed. That would be the best application for those as exposure to the elements is limited.
Direct sunlight is just as bad as humidity changes. That is far from the best application if they are not treated.

Direct sunlight is just as bad as humidity changes. That is far from the best application if they are not treated.
At least 3 of the top SQ cars had it that way, didn't talk to anyone about durability, just sound. Something's gotta give at some point. I believe besides the paper fiber cone, scanspeak also makes wool fiber cones, not sure if that's more resilient. They'll also be in direct sunlight if the sun is really low. From other angles, it's covered by the pod and/or car's roof.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.