Los33 2000 GMC Sierra Build Log

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
Starting this post so i can start documenting all my work, but as for now no equipment has been bought till i make final decisions.

My plan is to run 2 18's and power will be added as i go so there is no amount thought of yet.

Current Equipment:

• Clarion CZ702 Active
  • AudioTecnix 1/0 OFC Big 3 (Changing to welding wire)
  • JBL P660C Set
  • Singer 275 Hairpin & Js Ultimate Alts 275 Hairpin (will only have singer in till i get the rest)

Current Plan:

• 2x Soundqubed HDC4 18's
  • 1/0 Royal Excellene CCI White (2x runs each)
  • Soundqubed 4500.1D @ .5 ohm
  • 4x Singer/Js ultimate Alts 275 Hairpin Alts
  • 100+ ah of batteries
  • NVX Micro 4 channel
  • All active setup
  • Walled Box

As for the truck cosmetically i will be adding:

• 4/6 Drop
  • Rollpan Back Bumper
  • Silverado SS Front Bumper Clone
  • Dent repairs (Mainly bed, but might just replace entire bed)
  • All Black Paint Job

Current Look:

Its dirty so i need to clean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif more to come as i go!

i think you will need more then 100ah batterys.. lol
looking forward to this.

also you did not list any deadening..

what are you going to use?
The deadening i am going to wait till i see how the wall im going to get built is made.

Since the back wall wont need any, i might just deaden all the roof, doors, and floor. Not sure of any good deadener as not even my doors have deadener. I have not bothered working on this truck as much.

How tall are you? Those seats look awfully tight to the front. Otherwise looks like a great space to work with and easy access. Should be relatively easy going to wall that up.

How tall are you? Those seats look awfully tight to the front. Otherwise looks like a great space to work with and easy access. Should be relatively easy going to wall that up.
Was that an insult haha.. Im 5'8, but looks can be deceiving as its actually enough space for me to lay back.

Also it is a fuckkin b**** to work around as i only have 3 doors and not 4.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I got a bracket for you other 2 alts. Hit me up
I already have a quad bracket from js ultimate alts. Since i was running 3 stock alts before i just took it off till i got the other new alts.

How you gonna run that 4500 at .5 when HDC4s only come in D1s?
Gonna run the 2 @ 1 ohm then purchase another 4500.1 to run each sub @ .5 ohm

wait what 3 doors? so it's true that some 00 have 3 doors?!
Yep mainly the slt trucks. It came standard with 2 wheel drive and leather seats and 6 speaker system.

is it the driver side ext cab door that doesn't open? i guess you're not missing a lot but its more convenient having the 4th door.

if you figure out a way to redo the dash on these trucks let me know. florida sun is a bitch

get some kick panels while you're at it, i love mine.

is it the driver side ext cab door that doesn't open? i guess you're not missing a lot but its more convenient having the 4th door.
if you figure out a way to redo the dash on these trucks let me know. florida sun is a bitch

get some kick panels while you're at it, i love mine.
Im not 100% interested in the door speakers, but i might work on them a bit more. I cant find any good panels for them.

Redo how? I plan to just repaint it oem colors and fix up the wiring behind the radio and add a fan due to the heat.

My dash has started to peel and crack lol I'm sure yours will start once you get the build in for a little while
Yeah my has started cracking. It was a dark tan color, but has peeled and parts are black so i rather just paint it all black.

Im not 100% interested in the door speakers, but i might work on them a bit more. I cant find any good panels for them.
Redo how? I plan to just repaint it oem colors and fix up the wiring behind the radio and add a fan due to the heat.

You will want more power than that mini amp.

You will want more power than that mini amp.
My current cerwin vega v400.4 only does 100 watts to each speaker maybe less. I was happy with it as the p660c doesnt have good bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.