Testing .5ohm

130 amp alt with duralast platinum battery. My voltage never really drops below 13.3 -13.4. I am also not looking to demo for an hour straight. I never really play full tilt for more than 3 songs.

130 amp alt with duralast platinum battery. My voltage never really drops below 13.3 -13.4. I am also not looking to demo for an hour straight. I never really play full tilt for more than 3 songs.
You wont even last 5 mins at full tilt.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

What size is your front battery? And im assuming its a agm? What size power wire? Cca or ofc?

big three one battery in the trunk everything is cca because all runs are less 2 feet. the run from the alt to the battery is ofc battery is 100ah agm
Give it a shot and report back. I myself never do .5 but to each

Well I am selling my subs to buy new ones but should I risk it and get 2 d2s instead of d4s? If my system cant handle it and cant even play full tilt one song cant I just not play full tilt until I get d4s?

Well I am selling my subs to buy new ones but should I risk it and get 2 d2s instead of d4s? If my system cant handle it and cant even play full tilt one song cant I just not play full tilt until I get d4s?
Turn the gain down.. Easy as that

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Exactly. That amp will run at .25 ohm even, but it'll tank your voltage quick. It will run fine at a lower impedance as long as it has the proper amount of current available. If you find your voltage dropping too low, turn the gain down. Most folks who blow their equipment running a low impedance do so by not readjusting their gain and not paying attention to their voltage.

This thread is full of terrible advice. You can have 100 batteries and running low impedance is still risky. A good rule of thumb is that if you have to ask and/or can't afford to buy a new amp tomorrow, don't try to run below what load manufacturer recommends.

[quote name='hispls']This thread is full of terrible advice. You can have 100 batteries and running low impedance is still risky. A good rule of thumb is that if you have to ask and/or can't afford to buy a new amp tomorrow, don't try to run below what load manufacturer recommends.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jeffdachef']You test at .5 ohm or lower when you have great electrical along with spare amps and just dont give a F[/QUOTE]

3 D3100's from XS could hold up for a while on a daily, but that alternator would be stressing big time.
@hispls If he could afford 100 batteries he would have just purchased the largest alt or 2 and add 2 large batteries.
Running .5 ohm is not rocket science, the fact that he doesnt have the electrical is another thing. Most who ruin amps due to .5 ohm are either testing a new amp or an amp that has not been test at that ohm rating.

OR they run them below voltage limit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

roudabout6
Alexandria, Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls
1000005348.jpg