How do you go all out?

How do you go 3 way active frontstage, plus sub, plus center channel, plus rearfill. IE: logic 7.
Ms8 cant run all those. limited 8 channels. And i dont see their being a way to run..uh..two ms8s..
Only feed the front and sub outs into the DSP. Feed the rear outs into an amp. That gives you 10 total output channels. Some DSPs act as line drivers as well, so shouldn't lose much by not feeding all 6ch into it.

Only feed the front and sub outs into the DSP. Feed the rear outs into an amp. That gives you 10 total output channels. Some DSPs act as line drivers as well, so shouldn't lose much by not feeding all 6ch into it.
Good point with the 10 channels. Id have to do my research as too what freq go into a center channel, i have read that center channels are lackluster(missing that high end sparkle) without a tweeter as well so id have to run a full range signal and run a passive xover to the center/tweet.

I am concerned about the 5.1 or 7.1 or whatever logic 7 that the ms8 does all on its own and as far as i know, i couldnt do. it has its own algorithm or whatever for it. That would make me lose a channel and thus not be able to run 3 way frontstage.

Good point with the 10 channels. Id have to do my research as too what freq go into a center channel, i have read that center channels are lackluster(missing that high end sparkle) without a tweeter as well so id have to run a full range signal and run a passive xover to the center/tweet.
I am concerned about the 5.1 or 7.1 or whatever logic 7 that the ms8 does all on its own and as far as i know, i couldnt do. it has its own algorithm or whatever for it. That would make me lose a channel and thus not be able to run 3 way frontstage.
I'm not getting what you're saying about ms-8, center channel, and not being able to run 3-way active because of it.

you got pair of channels for tweeters, mids, and midbass then one for a center channel and one for subwoofer.

You can use other DSPs that are mainly manual tuned and can run dual processors

you got 8 channels out.

1+2=tweeters

3+4=midrange

5+6=midbass

7+8=center channel

or do you mean like setting separate crossovers on 7(L) and that being a mono signal to one amp, then sending a separate crossover to the sub® and having that being a mono signal as well.

you got 8 channels out. 1+2=tweeters

3+4=midrange

5+6=midbass

7+8=center channel

or do you mean like setting separate crossovers on 7(L) and that being a mono signal to one amp, then sending a separate crossover to the sub® and having that being a mono signal as well.
Yep, that's what he means. For the center channel, make sure you sum a left and a right input for the output to the center amp or else your center will be either left or right.

Yep, that's what he means. For the center channel, make sure you sum a left and a right input for the output to the center amp or else your center will be either left or right.
....what

also..how does time alignment come into play in all that. Will it let me time align correctly? im assuming a center doesnt need time align but the sub would.

....what
also..how does time alignment come into play in all that. Will it let me time align correctly? im assuming a center doesnt need time align but the sub would.
I'm not sure how much you know about DSP basics or whether this is universal across most advanced DSPs, but the PS8 has an input mixer. It is 6 inputs to 8 outputs. The mixer allows you "mix" any combination of inputs and output them into any combination of outputs. For example:

*Your intput 5 and 6 are from sub-out on the deck, you can sum them and output only via ch 8. You can do this for any combination of input/output channels.

With logic you must have rear fill or a center channel. The MS-8 must control everything.

2 way front 1 way rear(better in doors I've found) plus the sub.

Or same thing with a center channel instead of rears

It will do kind of the same thing with a 3 way front. You won't notice much difference turning logic off.

With logic you must have rear fill or a center channel. The MS-8 must control everything. 2 way front 1 way rear(better in doors I've found) plus the sub.

What?

Or same thing with a center channel instead of rears

It will do kind of the same thing with a 3 way front. You won't notice much difference turning logic off.
Is it better to just run a 3 way front plus sub or do you all think its worth it to go 3 way front, sub, mid channel, rearfill

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Also ive been reading that 6.5in speakers just arent enough to give you great midbass. Everything ive read says 8 in is the way to do. Yet all the high end 3 way systems i see run 6.5 as their midbass. Whats up with that?

Is it better to just run a 3 way front plus sub or do you all think its worth it to go 3 way front, sub, mid channel, rearfill 

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Also ive been reading that 6.5in speakers just arent enough to give you great midbass. Everything ive read says 8 in is the way to do. Yet all the high end 3 way systems i see run 6.5 as their midbass. Whats up with that?
You can achieve great results with 2-way front, this is where driver performance comes into play - as I understand it, the lower you can cross the tweet and the mid, the better. Some drivers don't perform well in this situation, just a matter of picking the right components for your system.

Well as far as i see it. I can either get the HSK XL 2 ways or for the SAME price i could get the hsk 163 3 ways. Its a $100 different between the standard HSK and the XL version. All for a "more accurate tweeter". As far as im concerned. i might as well get awhole nother driver for the same price.

sure i need a better processor than the 80prs to run it all. $$$..bleh

Many people on DIYMA say go 3 way active plus sub. Seems thats where the super high fidelity comes from. Dedicated drivers. I also dont like having half my midrange being played so far off axis in a door in a 2 way system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
The Camry
Western Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from