Audio pipe ap3k repair need some help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wible522

hey guys new to the forum and was hoping someone could give me a few tips on an amp I am repairing. I have an audio pipe ap3k in process right now and I cannot figure out what's going on with it. I replaced a few mosfets that were fried but the amp is still doing the same thing as before. The protection light is on as well as the blue power light however, the power light is flashing and the amp is making a constant ticking sound on the power side of the amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance I also have a audio pipe ap1500 doing the same thing.

You cant just replace the burnt parts and expect it to work. There are other parts that are hooked to those burnt parts that need to be checked and replaced as well. If the power supply went poof, you will need to check all the gate resistors , gate drive transistors and the power supply controller IC chip. all those parts on your 3k are surface mounted parts and are very small and a ***** to mess with...

Also, the driver card for the outputs could be shorted out . or it could have shorted output transistors that do not show obvious signs of damage. you will need a digital multimeter on diode check to find the bad parts...

Have you fixed amps before? Or is this the first time?

What this man says ^^^^

At the end of the day, just blindly throwing parts at these you'll likely have spent the cost of the amp new and still have a POS unreliable amp.

I've fixed multiple amps before never had any issues other than these ones. was just looking for a little insight if anyone was having the same issues. I have a multimeter and I am working my way through th rest of the amp. I wanted to see if someone may have fixed the same issues and could save me some time is all I was looking for. I paid $60 bucks for the ap3k a old school 3500d visonik and a few other amps that were all blown so I'm not really out anything other than some time.

sometimes you can get lucky and change out the blown parts and the amp will work.. but most of the time you have to get more in depth and find the problem. you need to know what the amp does and how it works before you can do advanced repairs. or you can just replace everything you can identify on the board blindly and hope it works again.

if your amp is in protection. it still has a short somewhere . you must find it. follow the traces from the burnt parts you replaced. they lead to resistors or transistors. etc... set your meter on diode check to check for shorts. the meter will beep constantly and the meter will read a dead a dead short 0.00 .

you can go on diyaudio.com . it has a car amp repair section. post your problem on there . lots of other guys on there that can help you more than me.

this site will help out tons.. buy the amp repair tutorial from perry. it is worth it..

Basic Amplifier Repair

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.