The Road Life?!

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Ladies and Gentleman, I finally scored the job ive been looking for!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif This isnt to brag this is to just give perspective that college is NOT always needed, and to ask if anyone here is on the road and could give tips. I currently live in Ohio my dads ex boss called and asked if id be willing to go to Iowa to deal with this bird flu affecting all these chickens they need help slaughtering them 35 million chickens killed so far and they still have 2.5 months to go! So they are gonna fly me to Iowa and are paying for physical drug tests and all my certs well over $1500 worth of paperwork. They start me at $16 dollars an hour and time and a half after every 8. We work 12 hour days 7 days a week, its gonna suc* but can you say cash????$$$$$$$. $30 a day food per diem and obviously hotel paid for and company truck to get me everywhere I need. I cant think of a better opportunity for me. Im just ecstatic and am silently laughing at all the people who i graduated with that couldnt believe I wasnt going to college now I cant believe they will have over $100,000 in courses for college. Also GPA isnt everything I excelled past everyone in my grade but only had a 1.7 GPA and went and got tested and scored a 132 on an iq test which is considered past "Genius" level. average is 100. You may be way smarter than you think, never know till you get tested //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and got accepted to Mensa. GPA AND COLLEGE DO NOT DETERMINE YOUR FUTURE, for all you young folks reading //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Besides that if any roadies are reading any tips would be so appreciated. THANKS!!

You can be like Sarah Palin in front of all of those turkeys being slaughtered before the election. Pretty funny. As for college, yeah it ain't for everybody. Opportunities come to those with and without degrees. Congrats amigo

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What hotel/motel they putting you up in? See if you could be put up in a drury inn they serve hot breakfast and free drinks and Wi-Fi, or wherever they put you up see about the room put in your name and sign up for rewards points. When you get done you might have earned a free week or so worth of time to use towards a vacation.

Mensa and that paragraph don't go together. No way a mensa member would contribute such a poorly put together paragraph. Sorry, bro. That wage is a decent starting opportunity. People also get educated for the sake of education, which is reason enough. Make sure you make personal growth a point, which includes education, though not necessarily in an institution. Don't laugh at people that went to college just because you're debt free. The most important laugh is the last one.

Mensa and that paragraph don't go together. No way a mensa member would contribute such a poorly put together paragraph. Sorry, bro. That wage is a decent starting opportunity. People also get educated for the sake of education, which is reason enough. Make sure you make personal growth a point, which includes education, though not necessarily in an institution. Don't laugh at people that went to college just because you're debt free. The most important laugh is the last one.
its not that serious bro. i promise you its not.

Not to rain on your parade, but what happens when the bird flu has run it's course?

Of course if you are actually butchering them there's a big demand (at least up here in Maine) for small scale poultry processing. Licensed and inspected slaughter houses that process poultry charge as much as 1$ a pound to process birds for local farmers.

I'm raising some meat birds now and I'll probably be doing it myself since the cost of taking them to a butcher really kills the savings in raising your own

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.