Help with picking speakers and amp on a budget

amp roach
10+ year member

Hey folks, I've been out of the game for a while but looking to buy some new equipment for my new jeep wrangler. The stock speakers are garbage, obviously.

I have an alpine type r 12" on an Orion d1200 amp (ported box) that I've been very happy with over the years. I would like to buy new 6.5 components for the front, 6.5 coaxials for the back, and a 4 channel amp to power them.

I'd like to buy everything I need (4 speakers, amp, amp kits for subwoofer amp and speaker amp) and then pay a local installer that I trust to install it all. I'm planning on running the stock head unit if possible. Ideally I'd like to spend $500 but I'd be willing to stretch to $600 once everything is said and done.

I've initially looked at alpine type s speakers but I don't know if they are the best bang for buck. I know nothing about good budget 4 channel amps. Any input would be appreciated.

Hey folks, I've been out of the game for a while but looking to buy some new equipment for my new jeep wrangler. The stock speakers are garbage, obviously.
I have an alpine type r 12" on an Orion d1200 amp (ported box) that I've been very happy with over the years. I would like to buy new 6.5 components for the front, 6.5 coaxials for the back, and a 4 channel amp to power them.

I'd like to buy everything I need (4 speakers, amp, amp kits for subwoofer amp and speaker amp) and then pay a local installer that I trust to install it all. I'm planning on running the stock head unit if possible. Ideally I'd like to spend $500 but I'd be willing to stretch to $600 once everything is said and done.

I've initially looked at alpine type s speakers but I don't know if they are the best bang for buck. I know nothing about good budget 4 channel amps. Any input would be appreciated.
I'm not sure how discerning you are as far as sound reproduction goes, but this should be a really nice set:

B2 Audio Reference 6.1 Component Set

Pair with this amp:

SSA Store - US Acoustics Barbara Ann 4 channel amplifier

If you feel that you need rear fill later, you can always get it and coaxials aren't really expensive anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.