3 15's or 2 18'

Fi4life

Okay I have a friend building me a 4th order wall in my 98 dodge extended cab. I have 28 cubes gross. Subs I'm going with are sp4 15's or 18's. And a ampere 7500.1. I don't want this to resolve in talking me into a flat wall or anything else. I'm wanting the loudest musical/daily. Not sure if 2 18" sp4's will be best or 3 15" sp4's.

I say 18's. For a daily setup you're not gonna notice any difference between the 2 and you'll be satisfied with either, so might as well get the one that's cheaper.

This is my first big build. My builder is aiming at a 3:1 ratio for the 2 18's. Since I have 28 cubes gross is it possible to hit 154-55 musical on the meter in my cab? I'm wanting the loudest and heard the spa's will definitely get me to it.

But he'll be diving his power up. I'd go with the 2 18s. It'll simply the wiring and impedance options and cost a little less money.
its all up to his electrical. if hes got the juice then drop that kitty down low. amp will run three 15s under 1ohm. question is does he really have the room?

Just FYI, by the time you get "4th order" and "musical" at the same time you have built yourself a worse-sealed-box. But if you believe that's the loudest thing going, don't let that hold you back. AFAIK SP4 and other competition tier drivers generally are designed for ported alignment.

That all being said, 3 subs will handle power a little better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fi4life

Fi4life
Cleveland, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls