Time to upgrade? 1500 watt amp recommendations.

1500 watt amps.

• RF T1500bd

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • SAZ 1500d v3

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Kicker kx 1600.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DD m1 or m2

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • CT 1400.1

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Your suggestion

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

boomzabit
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Well I bought a new to me car and instead of running my old kx 1200.1 (1 ohm stable) I think it may be time to upgrade the old girl. I dont have a budget in mind but i do in a sense. Without getting into the nitty gritty im going to list the amps im strongly considering and if they are much better then the old kx.

1st. RF T1501bd, kind of always had a thing for RF amps and according to RF's specs they are pretty versatile in ohm loads. They can also be found on CL and ebay for a fair price.

2. Sundown SAZ 1500d. Thinking the newest v3 version. Ive heard and read pretty good things which lead me years ago to purchase my saz 1500 v1.

3. Kicker kx 1600.1. Basically cause im using a roughly 11-12 year old kx and it still works flawlessly.

4. DD m1d or even the m2c. Would have to be used. I know little about them so cant comment.

5. CT 1400.1. Again dont know anything about them.

6. Any other solid amps im missing let me know. Im looking for a quality good all around powerhouse. Ive been in and out of audio for awhile so im not sure whats good and whats meh nowadays.

M2 is a 2500
Here I thought it was like 1700w and the m1 is 1200w. Those are the Ratings at 12.5.

Edit: I see the kicker KX 1600.1 is rated at 1600w @ 14.4 volts. I wonder what it does at 12.5?

Im just going to assume the RF amps are also rated at 14.4v? Anyone know for sure?

Well I bought a new to me car and instead of running my old kx 1200.1 (1 ohm stable) I think it may be time to upgrade the old girl. I dont have a budget in mind but i do in a sense. Without getting into the nitty gritty im going to list the amps im strongly considering and if they are much better then the old kx.
1st. RF T1501bd, kind of always had a thing for RF amps and according to RF's specs they are pretty versatile in ohm loads. They can also be found on CL and ebay for a fair price.

2. Sundown SAZ 1500d. Thinking the newest v3 version. Ive heard and read pretty good things which lead me years ago to purchase my saz 1500 v1.

3. Kicker kx 1600.1. Basically cause im using a roughly 11-12 year old kx and it still works flawlessly.

4. DD m1d or even the m2c. Would have to be used. I know little about them so cant comment.

5. CT 1400.1. Again dont know anything about them.

6. Any other solid amps im missing let me know. Im looking for a quality good all around powerhouse. Ive been in and out of audio for awhile so im not sure whats good and whats meh nowadays.
Are you going to power the type Rs with it or getting new subs? Are they SVC 4 ohm? What's your electrical like?

Bought a car so im planning on putting alittle stereo in it. My sig is whats in my truck..

Im plan on running some 8's something like CT Meso's, DD newer 8's maybe some SA's always wanted to try some w7 8's..

I may also have a box built and run a single 10 if I sell a couple of my subs.

For electrical Im going to get all my wiring figured out 0ga big three and ill have to find someone to give me a hand but i think id like a battery in the truck as well. Thinking of something fairly large. Hc2400 or even an xs 3100

Bought a car so im planning on putting alittle stereo in it. My sig is whats in my truck..
Im plan on running some 8's something like CT Meso's, DD newer 8's maybe some SA's always wanted to try some w7 8's..

I may also have a box built and run a single 10 if I sell a couple of my subs.
So what kind of electrical? Alt spec?

Don't forget to throw TC epic subs in the mix. As far as amps, well I have the m2...if you can get it from a dealer under $600, may be worth it. Pretty much anything at ssaudio.com is pretty good, and there're some less expensive amps with that kind of power as well...US Acoustics and Synergy Audio. Some people have also started to talk about Twysted Sounds amps....they seem nice. Crossfire C5 is also good and would probably be my first choice.

Keep me in mind AnthonyO. Forgot about the Epic's ill have to give them another look. Yes I did see twisted sounds is gaining ground. Ill look into the crossfire amp. I remember back when the vr1000d was a strong consideration at the time.

Stock alt, looking like its possibly 125 amp.

Keep me in mind AnthonyO. Forgot about the Epic's ill have to give them another look. Yes I did see twisted sounds is gaining ground. Ill look into the crossfire amp. I remember back when the vr1000d was a strong consideration at the time.
Stock alt, looking like its possibly 125 amp.
Epics? Tried doing a search and found epic amplifiers from Michigan but their website is virtually nonexistent unless I need to be on a computer to view the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you already have the Kicker, buying a newer amp that does a couple hundred watts more won't really be an "upgrade", IMO. That amp is pretty nice.

Unless you just want to try a new amp or add more power (2k+), I'd keep the Kicker amp and put that money towards other parts of the system.

If you already have the Kicker, buying a newer amp that does a couple hundred watts more won't really be an "upgrade", IMO. That amp is pretty nice.
Unless you just want to try a new amp or add more power (2k+), I'd keep the Kicker amp and put that money towards other parts of the system.
That makes sense too. I guess im not looking for a big enough upgrade. I looked into my kx and rated at 1200w @ 14.4. 1050w at 12.5.

I came across the C7 8's which look extremely big and are rated at 1000 rms which is pretty crazy. I also took a look at DC audio 8's which also look like contenders. Maybe a 1500w amp might not be enough ha

That makes sense too. I guess im not looking for a big enough upgrade. I looked into my kx and rated at 1200w @ 14.4. 1050w at 12.5.
I came across the C7 8's which look extremely big and are rated at 1000 rms which is pretty crazy. I also took a look at DC audio 8's which also look like contenders. Maybe a 1500w amp might not be enough ha
Yeah, if you're going to upgrade, stepping up the power to 2k or so would make more sense. You've already got a nice amp so no need to upgrade for quality sake.

A couple of beefy 8's on 2k is what I'd like to do...but just can't afford to get back into audio right now. Also keep in mind 2k watts may require some electrical upgrades, such as a bigger battery or additional battery.

Here I thought it was like 1700w and the m1 is 1200w. Those are the Ratings at 12.5.
Edit: I see the kicker KX 1600.1 is rated at 1600w @ 14.4 volts. I wonder what it does at 12.5?

Im just going to assume the RF amps are also rated at 14.4v? Anyone know for sure?
The m1c does 1700@1ohm 14v 1200@12v and 2500 dynamic 1ohm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD M2 will definitely be an upgrade from the kicker. I made a similar upgrade and did notice the difference. Find a crossfire dealer yet? If you get the C5-1700 amp (comparable to the M2 power wise) and the C5 woofers, would probably be easier to get a deal.

With your alt it's def doable, may want to put an AGM under the hood. I run the M2 on similar stock electrical, no problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...