Newbie question, is this amount of noise normal?

Hello all, relative newbie here, just got my hands on a Sundown Audio X-8 D2, and was checking her out.

Got it hooked up to an SoundQubed Q1.2200.D v1 at 1 ohm.

When I turn up the volume a bit, there is quite a bit of noise coming from the pole vent.

I was curious if this was normal for this subwoofer, so if you happen to own one would you mind chiming in?

https://youtu.be/n54YjjFsE9o

https://youtu.be/dxiYH8YZx64

TIA,

spud

I just got my d4 x8's in box today and noticed a similar noise... Got me thinking wtf... While I was trying to listen to it amp got stinky and smoked on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, once you let the smoke out of electronic equipment, it tends to not work anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That ***** your amp blew, what kind was it, and how did you have it wired up? Sounds like you had the ohms too low...

If the question is did I pick it up from a yardsale, no I did not, it was purchased new off of amazon, via woofer etc.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I can't say *****? ***** ***** ***** s u c k s

If the question is did I pick it up from a yardsale, no I did not, it was purchased new off of amazon, via woofer etc. 

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I can't say *****? ***** ***** ***** s u c k s
only triple OG's can curse. After '10 they wont allow it. fuck shit bitch

Yard sale?
Mine came from emf

You know, once you let the smoke out of electronic equipment, it tends to not work anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
That ***** your amp blew, what kind was it, and how did you have it wired up? Sounds like you had the ohms too low...
1ohm Orion xtr2200.1d.... I'm trying to figure out wtf caused this... Was listening for leaks around my subs and the slap sound when I smelled my amp... Wasn't even at full tilt... Mid volume... Could it be a ground issue?

6f89062e24c2238eb7c7bc7b2bf8ba29.jpg

Reply in my post Orion xtr2200.1d 25min amp

Not trying to thread jack here my bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah no speaker practically will be quiet at full excurion free air. You won't hear that when the subwoofer is mounted in the box, not only because of the noise being inside the box, but the volume of the bass will mask it as well.

yeah no speaker practically will be quiet at full excurion free air. You won't hear that when the subwoofer is mounted in the box, not only because of the noise being inside the box, but the volume of the bass will mask it as well.
You think those few vids he had was at full excursion perhaps you need to borrow my glasses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.