Can I mount my amp here?

Participant count
  • Participants list

EFD307

New York
Im trying to install my system as hidden as possible, I was hoping to fit the 4 channel, LOC and the sub amp all above the spare tire but it looks like ill only be able to get the LOC and the sub amp, may be adding a bass processor in the future. The 4 channel might have to go under the passenger seat. Anyway, have any of you mounted amps in confined spaces like this? I know its not recommended to stuff them away somewhere but there's quite a bit of open space down there, I'm hoping it will be alright. And if not, it will shut it self down and ill have to find a new space or mount a computer fan down there. What do you guys think? Amp is an Alpine MRP-M500 looking to upgrade to a 1000W alpine amp in the future, hoping to put it in the same location. Trunk cover closes fine I don't think it directly touches the amp but its a little close.

View attachment 26552731

The digital amp will probably be fine for daily driving, occasional use. Pounding for hours may be too much. Also, if you're doubling the amp power, that's about as much louder as one click on the volume knob (iow, not much louder). To get noticeable output increase, you need 10x power. 4x would be moderately noticeable. Any route, if you're planning to upgrade the amp soon, go ahead and find a better mounting location now.

CHAD

I would not mount an amp there. Heat is bad. They're passively cooled, so they need air circulating around them to wick heat away from the heatsink

One of the reasons i'm not putting my new amp in the trunk at all

The digital amp will probably be fine for daily driving, occasional use. Pounding for hours may be too much. Also, if you're doubling the amp power, that's about as much louder as one click on the volume knob (iow, not much louder). To get noticeable output increase, you need 10x power. 4x would be moderately noticeable. Any route, if you're planning to upgrade the amp soon, go ahead and find a better mounting location now.
CHAD
Right now i have a single alpine s series12" ill be upgrading to 2 down firing 10 or 12" r series subs in the future that I would pair with the 1000W amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.