dodge ram quad cab (final attempt)

crgroven
10+ year member

I am going to ask this one last time then come to the conclusion if I don't get a response this website is a waste of time to get opinions or even recommendations if I don't get an answer back this time. I am looking at doing 8s or 12s. the 12s would go into the fox acoustic fox box 1.55 cubic feet the 8s would go into a custom box that I would have to have made in town where I am. I am thinking skar audio, American bass or Massive audio. the skars would be the ma8 or the vd 12 American bass would be the vfl 8 and the 12 would be the xd1244 and finally massive audio would be the summo or hippo series 8s or 12s

what I am asking is what would be the best out of those subs to go with. for the selected enclosure for the 12s or do a custom enclosure for the 8s

I am going to ask this one last time then come to the conclusion if I don't get a response this website is a waste of time to get opinions or even recommendations if I don't get an answer back this time. I am looking at doing 8s or 12s. the 12s would go into the fox acoustic fox box 1.55 cubic feet the 8s would go into a custom box that I would have to have made in town where I am. I am thinking skar audio, American bass or Massive audio. the skars would be the ma8 or the vd 12 American bass would be the vfl 8 and the 12 would be the xd1244 and finally massive audio would be the summo or hippo series 8s or 12s
8s in a custom box...ported. In order to receive an answer to a question, you have to first state the question. The way you do that is by clearly formulating your thoughts, making the subject evident. Then ask the question in regard to the subject. A question mark at the end of the question is generally thought to be helpful as well.

Your enclosure is the most crucial part of the subwoofers playing aspect. If your going custom on the 8s (a PROPER TAILORED TO SUB custom) go that route because 12s crammed in a pre fab are horrible.

As someone with the same vehicle and the Fox Acoustics box, go with 10s. I have JL w3v3s and they rock. Between those two, get 8s. Mounting depth will fight you with the 12s. But I still recommend getting 10s. Fi has a good 10 inch sub that's just short of $200 a piece that would fit but I can't remember the model. Also, Sundown Audio SD series is a good one that is well fit for that box too.

What year is your truck? Have you considered using a center console box? I have used a sealed down firing enclosure for 2 JBL W10GTI subs and now use a 4cu ft ported enclosure for 2 12" Ground Zero Nuclears. This box is much larger, stretching from the dash to the back seat. I didn't need the factory console/seat so this works fine for me. It may not be ideal for you. I personally think you're missing out on a lot by using the prefab enclosures.

I can email you pics of both setups if you'd like. Can't get them to post here. If you want the sealed enclosure, pay shipping and you can have it. I also still have the subs for it, they're nearly flawless. The subs are 150.00 each if you're interested.

If you want to discuss either of these boxes or sub setups feel free to call me

855-454-987two. Ext 101.

8s in a custom box...ported. In order to receive an answer to a question, you have to first state the question. The way you do that is by clearly formulating your thoughts, making the subject evident. Then ask the question in regard to the subject. A question mark at the end of the question is generally thought to be helpful as well.
love it....lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.