Need some advice on box design for my Fi Q 12.

Participant count
  • Participants list

gamehawk55
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys,

Been racking my brain over this for weeks and need some professional feedback on the new design I'm thinking of for my 12" Fi Q. The first pic is the box it's in now, and the 2nd one is the design I'm thinking of building. But I need to know approx how this box would sound? Do I have too much port area per foot? Someone told me that 15-16sq inchs of port per foot was too much and the sound would no longer be tight. But I can't seem to get any less port area per foot while still keeping the correct amount of port area (cross sectional), box volume (2.5cuft) and tuning (32hz) correct.

According to a port area calculator I've referred to, my sub needs around 50sq inches of port area to be the most efficient and eliminate port noise.

The box it's in now is "ok". It gets decently loud and hits fairly tight and clean. But I feel for the power I'm running into this sub (2200W RMS), it should be a bit louder and hit me alot harder than it does. Also anything below 35hz really starts to suffer in the current box (due to small port I'm assuming).

Anyways. Hopefully someone can chime in on what they think I might stand to gain/lose with the new box design and what might make it more "perfect".

View attachment 26552591

View attachment 26552590

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.