A few questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
1. On my polks in my fronts, the tweets eventually ended up hurting my ear, so I switched it from 0db on the crossovers to -3, and now they sound like a distorted pile of poo... Is there something I can do about that besides turning them back up?

2. My rear alpines, I've had threads about it and I noticed something odd, the speakers get loud, they just play the highs..... And so do their tweeters, I've looked at the crossover and its all done correctly, and the amp seems fine, except in the channels 3 and 4 there options are , hpf, lpf, no full option, I've played with them and nothing seems to work yet

3. My tweeter wines up and down as I accelerate, ground issue?

1. On my polks in my fronts, the tweets eventually ended up hurting my ear, so I switched it from 0db on the crossovers to -3, and now they sound like a distorted pile of poo... Is there something I can do about that besides turning them back up?
2. My rear alpines, I've had threads about it and I noticed something odd, the speakers get loud, they just play the highs..... And so do their tweeters, I've looked at the crossover and its all done correctly, and the amp seems fine, except in the channels 3 and 4 there options are , hpf, lpf, no full option, I've played with them and nothing seems to work yet

3. My tweeter wines up and down as I accelerate, ground issue?
1. Not a fan of that set. Switch the x-over back to 0 db and adjust the level down via EQ on your Kenwood.

2. Is there no filter option for ch 1/2? Since you're running speakers, all channels should be set to HPF. Set the HPF dial to about 120Hz and play with it from there. You shouldn't just be switching this all around.

3. Yea, alternator whine.

1. Not a fan of that set. Switch the x-over back to 0 db and adjust the level down via EQ on your Kenwood.
2. Is there no filter option for ch 1/2? Since you're running speakers, all channels should be set to HPF. Set the HPF dial to about 120Hz and play with it from there. You shouldn't just be switching this all around.

3. Yea, alternator whine.
1. ok ill do that, it sounded fine before but my friends said they hurt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

2. there is a filter for 1 and 2, its hpf,full, or TLA which has an arrow that goes to channels 3 and 4, i have it set to full and the rears to hpf, theres also a switch that is "range" with a x1 - x20 on it, mines at x20

3. so correct the grounds? ive been trying but it wont go away, probably need to just try a new spot

"mines at x20"

Your crossover is set to 20 times the labeled value. What that means is that if you have the crossover point set to 80 on the dial, it's actually crossed over at 1600Hz. I recommend starting at 80Hz on mids.

As for the whine, check all power connections, including those under the hood and the factory grounds.

1. ok ill do that, it sounded fine before but my friends said they hurt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
2. there is a filter for 1 and 2, its hpf,full, or TLA which has an arrow that goes to channels 3 and 4, i have it set to full and the rears to hpf, theres also a switch that is "range" with a x1 - x20 on it, mines at x20

3. so correct the grounds? ive been trying but it wont go away, probably need to just try a new spot
if you are at x20 that means where your CO is set is getting multiplied by 20.

if you are at x20 that means where your CO is set is getting multiplied by 20.
holy **** guys think thats my issue?! haha sounds like it i had no idea what that was even for. i thought my fronts at least hit some frequencies but its possible they arent

holy **** guys think thats my issue?! haha sounds like it i had no idea what that was even for. i thought my fronts at least hit some frequencies but its possible they arent
This is there so that if you only have tweeters hooked up to those channels, you can still use the HPF on the same dial. So make sure the x20 isn't pressed and set the dial to 120Hz. All dials and switches on the amp do something. Don't just press something or change the dial hoping it'll magically get right because you can damage your speakers that way. Btw the manual should have all this info in it. In fact it does, just looked at it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is there so that if you only have tweeters hooked up to those channels, you can still use the HPF on the same dial. So make sure the x20 isn't pressed and set the dial to 120Hz. All dials and switches on the amp do something. Don't just press something or change the dial hoping it'll magically get right because you can damage your speakers that way. Btw the manual should have all this info in it. In fact it does, just looked at it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
idiot friend tossed the manual when we opened up all my boxes for the system. There were like 7 hahaha, but ill try this in the morning and hope it works, and should i not set my 1 and 2 to full? but hpf? and the rears to hpf?

idiot friend tossed the manual when we opened up all my boxes for the system. There were like 7 hahaha, but ill try this in the morning and hope it works, and should i not set my 1 and 2 to full? but hpf? and the rears to hpf?
Full means you are sending the full range signal to the speakers, but you def don't want to send sub frequencies there, so you need to set it to HPF. Yes, rears to HPF as well.

Full means you are sending the full range signal to the speakers, but you def don't want to send sub frequencies there, so you need to set it to HPF. Yes, rears to HPF as well.
ill be back in the morning with the results ha

oh wait, i jus took a second look and my channel 3 and 4 have a hpf adjustment and a low pass adjustment, around where should i set the 2 of these because the fronts only have a "frequency" adjustment

oh wait, i jus took a second look and my channel 3 and 4 have a hpf adjustment and a low pass adjustment, around where should i set the 2 of these because the fronts only have a "frequency" adjustment
ch 3/4 have a switch where you can select HPF, correct? Once that's selected, you don't need to worry about touching LPF, just set the HPF to 120. Listen to music you're familiar with and adjust slightly from there depending on your preference and speakers.

ch 3/4 have a switch where you can select HPF, correct? Once that's selected, you don't need to worry about touching LPF, just set the HPF to 120. Listen to music you're familiar with and adjust slightly from there depending on your preference and speakers.
ok cool

**** these were all messed up, mine was set at x20, fronts xover was on tlahpf, and the rears were on lpf i believe, i changed them but cant fire up loud till morning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.