Hey everybody

Participant count
  • Participant list

na_rsx
10+ year member

Incriminator Audio FTW
Been a hot minute, just got back into the bass scene, and I now have a 2012 Kia Optima SX-T, I don't want to remove the radio, so I was thinking LOC, big 3, can I run 1500rms on just the LOC or would it be easier to get a processor, if so which one.

Thinking the Polk Audio 1000.1D and a Sundown X10, 1.5 @ 32hz

Been a hot minute, just got back into the bass scene, and I now have a 2012 Kia Optima SX-T, I don't want to remove the radio, so I was thinking LOC, big 3, can I run 1500rms on just the LOC or would it be easier to get a processor, if so which one.
Depends on what you're looking to do. LOC is the easiest thing and least expensive. If you're looking for some processing, you can get something from AudioControl that's a LOC, line drivers, and a processor. That's not really cheap though and at that price range, you're looking at a full blown processor anyway. Just depends on how much you want to do/spend. Running a LOC and total system wattage aren't mutually exclusive, you can run however much power you need while using a LOC.

If all you do is a sub it's going to drown out the front stage. The factory speakers will need bass blockers also. If that's not what you want just go ahead and fork out for a processor to run front stage amp and aftermarket speakers.

You can do it with 6 channel LOC but it's going to sound like crap with no way to EQ or TA it.

Also not all processors will override the factory EQ. You don't want those

Depends on what you're looking to do. LOC is the easiest thing and least expensive. If you're looking for some processing, you can get something from AudioControl that's a LOC, line drivers, and a processor. That's not really cheap though and at that price range, you're looking at a full blown processor anyway. Just depends on how much you want to do/spend. Running a LOC and total system wattage aren't mutually exclusive, you can run however much power you need while using a LOC.
Just get some extra bass, but sounds like you summed it up for me, big thanks brother

If all you do is a sub it's going to drown out the front stage. The factory speakers will need bass blockers also. If that's not what you want just go ahead and fork out for a processor to run front stage amp and aftermarket speakers.
You can do it with 6 channel LOC but it's going to sound like crap with no way to EQ or TA it.

Also not all processors will override the factory EQ. You don't want those
Well I have the infinity system installed, highs are crystal clear, even the stock sub is decent, just want that extra bang, maybe I can just do a SA10 with lesser watts?? Also what LOC is good, since I plan on going with that route. I been out the game for a while, so they're maybe have been new ones released, I think I used to use the Chief Indian or something like that, Navaho or something LOL

Yes you can...
Thank you very much

Just about anything will do really. That's what we did with one of my coworker's BMWs. Stock everything, added soundqubed 1200W amp with an HDS310 in a prefab box...added just right amount of bass.

Just get some extra bass, but sounds like you summed it up for me, big thanks brother

Well I have the infinity system installed, highs are crystal clear, even the stock sub is decent, just want that extra bang, maybe I can just do a SA10 with lesser watts?? Also what LOC is good, since I plan on going with that route. I been out the game for a while, so they're maybe have been new ones released, I think I used to use the Chief Indian or something like that, Navaho or something LOL

Thank you very much
If that's all you want get the audiocontrol LC-2. It will restore the factory bass roll off. Cheap ones won't

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.