Just for fun...Home systems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beerdrnkr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
Just for fun I thought I'd show some of the stereo/home theater systems I have. As you can see, I love my audio and I have decent systems everywhere lol.

I'd love to see what kinds of systems everyone else has as well, so feel free to post pics of yours as well!

I just bought a house a couple of months ago so we still don't have a ton of furniture in it but slowly it's getting there. Don't mind the wiring, I'll be cleaning it up all later.

Upstairs I have my game room. It's small at only 10x12 but it's enough for what I need. All the rooms are small so I don't need a ton of power and just run receivers to power my speakers.

In my game room I have the following:

49" LG 1080p LED tv

Yamaha HTR-5063 Receiver

(4) Polk Audio RTi-100's (love old school real wood speakers!)

Polk CSi30 Center Channel

Polk PSW-10 10" powered subwoofer

Xbox One

Direct TV receiver

Some extra's: (2) auto recliners, dark faux wood shades, wireless charger for my Galaxy S6 Edge and Aux cables to the small table near the recliners. Soon, I'll add a mini fridge next to the rear right surround speaker.

c7544423af58664c7b5cefa2211d7ac3.jpg

92b3cf3d5347e9388c371b4fc0abdbc1.jpg

bc00bef3a5246f5dd82b2a4cf120bace.jpg

9204dc11f7a64c9068a833ab06d91a75.jpg

40d800999731f1d06fc4dbe6f803e80f.jpg

59be08238af53790fc7688e486b9db73.jpg

81d966d0e2058dd091305f5128b19078.jpg

7687a9a05c48bd51dfe0e6f1834e9e11.jpg

Next the office. It's a very simple setup but sounds pretty good, I've had these PC speakers for years and I've enjoyed them. Later I might make a move to the Emotiva Airmotiv 5S's.

LG 32" LCD Smart TV

Logitech Z623 PC speakers

Fiio Monte Blanc DAC/headphone amp

Denon AH-D600 Headphones

de9e34dc1ccddd05e38da445dc75ec57.jpg

583159846575096483bb9ade1892118b.jpg

And finally the living room.

Sony LED 60" Smart tv

Denon AVR-X3000 Receiver

Athena S3/P3 combo speakers w/ built in 10" subs

Athena C1 Center Channel

Polk OWM3 surround sound speakers

Direct TV receiver

Cloud couches (super comfortable)!

I have the S2/P2 combo floor standing speakers with built in 8" subs but the wife said it was too much speaker for the living room (she's no fun) so they'll probably go in the other living room once I get that up and going.

So that's just a few of the systems I have at the moment. Best part is that all the speakers I was actually able to buy off of craigslist for great prices! So post what you got or leave comments/suggestions. Thanks

I suppose that could have been a possibility of the Vikings were willing to let him go... Contract will be fulfilled and hopefully this offense is a beast and he won't want to leave anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you thought about raising that center channel up at all?

I've been working a lot on my car system and performance mods but I've been kicking around a few more ideas for my game room. Like setting it up to be a 7.1 system.

Have you thought about raising that center channel up at all?
I've been working a lot on my car system and performance mods but I've been kicking around a few more ideas for my game room. Like setting it up to be a 7.1 system.
I don't watch too many movies, mostly just listen to music, so the center channel doesn't bother me. Even so, still sounds fine as far as stage height. Which receiver do you have? You can do a 9.2 receiver...bi-amp the main speakers and you'll have a 7.2. You should do wireless surround speaker. What you should really do is build your own, I'm doing that in the next few months. Considering the zaph stuff from madi.

I don't watch too many movies, mostly just listen to music, so the center channel doesn't bother me. Even so, still sounds fine as far as stage height. Which receiver do you have? You can do a 9.2 receiver...bi-amp the main speakers and you'll have a 7.2. You should do wireless surround speaker. What you should really do is build your own, I'm doing that in the next few months. Considering the zaph stuff from madi.
Oh ok, surprisingly I don't really listed to too much music at home. I have the Denon X-2000 or 4000 downstairs and a Yamaha 5063 in the game room. They're both just 7.1 receivers. If I had the fabrication skills or xover knowledge for home audio I'd definitely look into making my own speaker cabinets. lol

Oh ok, surprisingly I don't really listed to too much music at home. I have the Denon X-2000 or 4000 downstairs and a Yamaha 5063 in the game room. They're both just 7.1 receivers. If I had the fabrication skills or xover knowledge for home audio I'd definitely look into making my own speaker cabinets. lol
Same boat as me, I don't know how to build boxes nor design x-overs. Madi has some complete sets that come with x-overs and some even come with boxes. CSCStang is going to build me a pair of bookshelves once I figure out what I want. As far as x-overs, you can pick an array of drivers at madi and they'll design the x-over for you. This does add to the cost. They also can offer you some drivers pairings that someone else already asked x-over designs for. For those, you just have to pay for the x-over, not the design. You'd be amazed how much you save by not buying a pre-assembled speakers/cabinets.

I actually might look into that for my desktop PC/desk. That's usually the only place I listen to music. The rest I think is fine for home theater and gaming. Have you decided which speaker design you want to go with?

I actually might look into that for my desktop PC/desk. That's usually the only place I listen to music. The rest I think is fine for home theater and gaming. Have you decided which speaker design you want to go with?
Zaph 2.5-way kit seems like a good option. I want to go with a set that already has designed x-overs, but the problem is they don't have them listed on the site, so you have to either call or email them to see what x-overs are already designed for given drivers, if any.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.