High End speakers for PC

Maky

Senior VIP Member
Bombay
Hello Everyone.

I'm almost done with my car now and I'm looking to upgrade the speaker set I have on my computer as next project.

I bought a set of cheap 100$ Creative branded speakers for my computer many years ago and they were fine till I upgraded to the actively run speakers I have in my car now. Each and everytime I play music while on my computer now it sounds horrible to the ears.

I would like to request some suggestions on high end speakers I can hook up to my computer so music will sound at least close to my car speakers If not on the same level. I have literally no knowledge on PC audio Speakers/Brands etc., Are there such capable 2.0 or 2.1 sets out there?. Approximately 300$ budget.

Thank you.

I would say the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 for $140. If that doesn't cut it for you then look into a stereo receiver with good monitor speakers (you could even add a sub). I feel like that's the only way to shake the limitations of a PC speaker system bundle. Also is the audio card/driver a good one? That could be limiting you regardless of the speakers you have hooked up. Hope that gives you some ideas.

I should add, after buying my Denon X3000 my PC was fired from playing music ever again so I feel your pain. All the internet radio options you'll ever need, front usb in for easy ipod playback, and Airplay...forget about it.

I would say the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 for $140. If that doesn't cut it for you then look into a stereo receiver with good monitor speakers (you could even add a sub). I feel like that's the only way to shake the limitations of a PC speaker system bundle. Also is the audio card/driver a good one? That could be limiting you regardless of the speakers you have hooked up. Hope that gives you some ideas.
Hmmmm....

It's the one that came with my motherboard. Onboard one I haven't purchased a separate one.

Not sure how crazy you want it to be, but I've actually come down this way just last year. I've given away my logitechs that were pretty good and have committed to home theater only. I connect my laptop to my hdtv via hdmi and then optical to HT receiver. I'm not sure how feasible this is for you, but it's something to consider. Another option is to add an amp to the PC setup and connect whatever home audio speakers you want, plus an active sub. If you go with an amp, you're no longer stuck with PC speakers.

Not sure how crazy you want it to be, but I've actually come down this way just last year. I've given away my logitechs that were pretty good and have committed to home theater only. I connect my laptop to my hdtv via hdmi and then optical to HT receiver. I'm not sure how feasible this is for you, but it's something to consider. Another option is to add an amp to the PC setup and connect whatever home audio speakers you want, plus an active sub. If you go with an amp, you're no longer stuck with PC speakers.
I did think of this but I'm not sure I want to keep big ugly looking car batteries and big amps near my computer. I still don't even thoroughly understand how one goes about using car audio in home application.

I would really prefer to go with simple a plug and play option.

I didn't mean car amp. I meant an amp that's meant to be used in house or even HT receiver.
I see...

It does sound like an expensive route but worth having a look I guess. Could you link me to some?

ROKIT 5 G3 Studio Monitors Speaker KRK SYSTEMS

http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5-G2-Powered-Monitors/dp/B001ANZTCK

Or this if you want more bump on the lower end, keep in mind, the rokit 5 already has a lot of bass capabilities. I use these for recording mixes and editing music along with movies and music listening. Paired with a asus sonar dgx sound card. No EQ needed with these speakers, they are just ready to go out of the box.

http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP8G3-NA-Generation-Powered-Monitor/dp/B00FXBIG1G/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1432231058&sr=1-2&keywords=rokit+8

ROKIT 5 G3 Studio Monitors Speaker KRK SYSTEMS
Amazon.com: KRK Rokit RP5 G2 Powered Desktop Studio Monitors Pair w/ XLR Cables: Musical Instruments

Or this if you want more bump on the lower end, keep in mind, the rokit 5 already has a lot of bass capabilities. I use these for recording mixes and editing music along with movies and music listening. Paired with a asus sonar dgx sound card. No EQ needed with these speakers, they are just ready to go out of the box.

http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP8G3-NA-Generation-Powered-Monitor/dp/B00FXBIG1G/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1432231058&sr=1-2&keywords=rokit+8
I don't think I care much about lows when sitting on the PC Jeff, Only in car.

The vocals and Instruments seem to be most important to me when on computer. How is the vocal clarity and midbass in general for the 'KRK ROKIT 5 G3' model?

I don't think I care much about lows when sitting on the PC Jeff, Only in car. The vocals and Instruments seem to be most important to me when on computer. How is the vocal clarity and midbass in general for the 'KRK ROKIT 5 G3' model?
Its better than most door speakers out there. Best thing is they are FLAT, meaning they are even throughout the spectrum and you can EQ and it will respond and become what you want. I havent needed to use the EQ at all but if you want stronger trebles, it can do it, more midbass, it can do it too.

Im running a Yamaha 7.1 Dolby Digital receiver hooked up by an optical connector to my PC.

The older DD receivers (no HDMI) are cheap on ebay, and gives you lots of power.

Just use a pair of bookshelf speakers and you are all set.

You're not going to get high end car audio quality setup (music wise) in a PC. Just won't happen. Sure you can spend $1,000 on a receiver and speakers, but why? Music is 2.1, but you dropped a grand on a 5.1/7.1 stereo. Depending on what audio jacks you have, get the highest end one you can that'll work with them. Also, when it comes to music on a PC, a sound card won't make much improvement. I would recommend it due to other reasons, but there isn't a need to for music. 99% of onboard audio drivers are more than suitable for music.

Now one option would be to visit http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/ and build some home theater setups and get a little receiver to drive them. It'll be higher quality then anything you can buy straight up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.