2013 Ford Taurus output signal for amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just got a pre owned 2013 ford taurus. I like it don't get me wrong it's a great car but it's so **** compact and just like all of the new post 2010 cars it's basically a huge computer. Electronics everywhere so I can't put in an aftermarket head unit with the touch screen without really breaking the bank. Stock actually sounds great about the same output as my pioneer would put out very loud and clean mids and highs but pathetic bass. So I know there are areas to get a line out signal for the Aux For an amp I just don't know where to go. It's the SEL model without the speakers in the rear "deck" and no sony amplifier. Can I just get an adapter to plug into a speaker output for an amplifier RCA Signal or do I need something specific? Problem is if I cut and splice into a speaker output from the HU then I'll be voiding warranties. Sorry for the rambling but I'm really at a loss and was hoping maybe someone was lucky enough to find a easy way to install an amp in this thing.

I own a 2013 Taurus SEL myself. You should be able to tap into speaker wiring and run it either to a processor or a LOC of some sort to get it to RCAs, or you could get an amp with speaker level inputs.

I own a 2013 Taurus SEL myself. You should be able to tap into speaker wiring and run it either to a processor or a LOC of some sort to get it to RCAs, or you could get an amp with speaker level inputs.
Ok cool Thanks. Yeah I'm probably going to get an adapter of some sort to go into an audio processor then to the amp. One good thing there is plenty or room to hide a audio processor or LOC in the trunk.

Ok cool Thanks. Yeah I'm probably going to get an adapter of some sort to go into an audio processor then to the amp. One good thing there is plenty or room to hide a audio processor or LOC in the trunk.
What I plan to do is a fairly stealth install.

I'm going to build a sealed enclosure for a single 15" to fit in the very front of the trunk (up by the back seat) with a beauty panel molding the enclosure into the trunk nicely. I will also use the current spare tire cover as a template for an amp rack, and I will build an amp rack to fit above the spare tire in the small gap which would flush up the spare tire cover with the rest of the trunk. I would also install 12V fans to provide proper airflow and cooling for the amps, and would possibly utilize fiberglass to stiffen and support the spare tire cover.

What I plan to do is a fairly stealth install.
I'm going to build a sealed enclosure for a single 15" to fit in the very front of the trunk (up by the back seat) with a beauty panel molding the enclosure into the trunk nicely. I will also use the current spare tire cover as a template for an amp rack, and I will build an amp rack to fit above the spare tire in the small gap which would flush up the spare tire cover with the rest of the trunk. I would also install 12V fans to provide proper airflow and cooling for the amps, and would possibly utilize fiberglass to stiffen and support the spare tire cover.
That sounds like it's gonna look really nice. I may go for something similar but it will probably be a bit more open and less hidden. Other way I can't wait to hear what bass is like in a large sedan like this. I'm looking to go through the small firewall grommet behind the accel. Pedal. Otherwise have to drill. I'm going to ask a few ford mechanics who install police wiring for these and see where they go.

That sounds like it's gonna look really nice. I may go for something similar but it will probably be a bit more open and less hidden. Other way I can't wait to hear what bass is like in a large sedan like this. I'm looking to go through the small firewall grommet behind the accel. Pedal. Otherwise have to drill. I'm going to ask a few ford mechanics who install police wiring for these and see where they go.
Big cabins are great for bass, my dad has a 2010 MKZ with a single sealed 12 on ~100W and it sounds awesome! I'm plenty familiar with drilling, ended up with 4 runs of 1/0 in my last car.

Big cabins are great for bass, my dad has a 2010 MKZ with a single sealed 12 on ~100W and it sounds awesome! I'm plenty familiar with drilling, ended up with 4 runs of 1/0 in my last car.
Yeah I had 2000 Buick lasabre with a massive trunk and cabin and it sounded great. I've also Got a 2003 tahoe I'm planning on putting a X-15 in a really nice ported custom enclosure from cherrymancustoms and get the most out of it. If I can't get what I want I may build 2 or 4 12 XFLs into the rear seats and get some serious output. It won't look the best but I'm planning on it being a sleeper sort of setup anyways.

One more thing where do you think is best to use for a Remote wire for an amp? Some people say splice into remote wire on back of the stock head unit or something but I don't know what's best.

One more thing where do you think is best to use for a Remote wire for an amp? Some people say splice into remote wire on back of the stock head unit or something but I don't know what's best.
I was probably going to hook into the ignition myself

[quote name='Audio freak']One more thing where do you think is best to use for a Remote wire for an amp? Some people say splice into remote wire on back of the stock head unit or something but I don't know what's best.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jrdnhsnbrg']I was probably going to hook into the ignition myself[/QUOTE]

Tap into something in the fuse box. Use a test light, or a dmm to find one. Also, talk to @NoLoud4U about the Taurus's. He has done some bang up work in his.

[quote name='Brian21699']Tap into something in the fuse box. Use a test light, or a dmm to find one. Also, talk to @NoLoud4U about the Taurus's. He has done some bang up work in his.[/QUOTE]

Alright cool thank you. Hope you build is going well.

Just wondering have you found out if the wire going across the rear deck where the speakers would be in SHO is a output from headunit? That would be so much easier to put a LOC in with.
I have no idea. I just got my car in January and haven't had any money to put into audio equipment, I was planning to tap in behind the head unit regardless for the source input as well as final wiring to the speakers.

I have no idea. I just got my car in January and haven't had any money to put into audio equipment, I was planning to tap in behind the head unit regardless for the source input as well as final wiring to the speakers.
Ok I see what your saying. I may even just do that to. Good luck with your build. I'm just doing the amp for sub cause I'm ok with mids and highs for now just need bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.