first time plasti dipping

Participant count
  • Participant list
check it out. lemme know what you think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJHBQvQhfqU
Looks pretty good for first time . Few tips..the glossifier ***** imo and always make sure u get 5-6 good coats on the piece so it will peel easy it not it is a pain to get off ..also soak ur cans in hot water for 5 minutes before each use/ coat makes the finish alot smoother..

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Its so versitile ive used it on so many things cars bikes things around the house..if u look at my hhd thread i did my baskets blaze blue

soak em in hot water? what. any proof? no offense lol but what.

+1 on 5-6 coats, but goo gone destroys plastidip so its easy to get off with just a sponge anyway.

you did a good job from what i can tell, try not to use it on areas you're going to touch or get touched often, plastidip will wear off quick.

soak em in hot water? what. any proof? no offense lol but what.
+1 on 5-6 coats, but goo gone destroys plastidip so its easy to get off with just a sponge anyway.

you did a good job from what i can tell, try not to use it on areas you're going to touch or get touched often, plastidip will wear off quick.
Yes ive been using it for years ..if u set the can in hot water it make the dip flow easier for a smoother finish

Looks pretty good for first time . Few tips..the glossifier ***** imo and always make sure u get 5-6 good coats on the piece so it will peel easy it not it is a pain to get off ..also soak ur cans in hot water for 5 minutes before each use/ coat makes the finish alot smoother.. 

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Its so versitile ive used it on so many things cars bikes things around the house..if u look at my hhd thread i did my baskets blaze blue
it looks better in person. video doesnt do justice. is shines and sparkles a little more than my inferno red color on my charger.

i did notice that some areas were a little rough. actually the only areas that felt rough were the inserts in my steering wheel. everything else was pretty decently smooth.

ill give that a try next time.. is that for the dip itself ? or the glossifier?

it looks better in person. video doesnt do justice. is shines and sparkles a little more than my inferno red color on my charger.
i did notice that some areas were a little rough. actually the only areas that felt rough were the inserts in my steering wheel. everything else was pretty decently smooth.

ill give that a try next time.. is that for the dip itself ? or the glossifier?
Works with both

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
sounds_explicit
cleveland ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from