2011 Dodge Challenger SRT Build

BigSix
10+ year member

Whippin the Bass
Austin,Tx
Hello everyone! Bought this car back in February and absolutely love it! However the stock kicker system is not cutting it. Some of the equipement will be temporary, some will be permanant and will also be adding in the near future. This is an ongoing build so I will update once a week what I have done in my little spare time from work and life.

Now some pics of the car....

Equipment

Subwoofer: 15" Exodus Audio Tempest x2 (xbl^2)

Midbass: 2 pairs of Exodus Anarchy's (xbl^2)

Midrange : Pair of Sundown 2.75FR Wideband speakers Going to attempt a tweeterless install because I do no how to fabricate . Maybe in the future one day.... Got these free from Jacob as long as I did a review.....http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-speaker-reviews/614524-sundown-audio-sa-2-75fr-subjective-review.html

If these dont work out then I have a pair of 3" Audible Physics wideband speakers I will try.

Amplifiers: PPI BA5000.1 and BA1600.4 , these are only temporary. Have my eye on some mosconi at the moment.

Electrical: Diehard Platinum battery and Big 3

Deadening: Knukonceptz knu kollossus , MLV, and ensolite

Sound processing: Pioneer avh-x4700bs and will be adding a Mosconi 6to8

Wire: Execution audio , stinger RCA's, and lots of techflex

Some pics of the gear

subbox 4.5 cb box sealed, I have built both. Currently have a ported one in my room 6 cubes tunes to 30 Hz, sounds phenominal! However I love this sub sealed, sounds so much more musical to me.

midbass duty

Haha hell yeah man thanks, I have been following your build . Loving what you are doing
I love your car bro ! I have always been a truck guy but if I ever got a car it would be one of those ! Cant wait to see your build come together.

I love your car bro ! I have always been a truck guy but if I ever got a car it would be one of those ! Cant wait to see your build come together.
Thanks man, I pretty much have everything I need so I just have to make time. Im taking a vacation day off next friday so I can work on my build for three days straight lol

Heres what I have done....

First up grade was the Battery, I bought some sweet knukonceptz battery terminals for them

Next was the big 3

Engine bay came with cupholders lol

pos ran from alternator through firewall to the battery in the trunk

Engine chassis to engine block, took out the airbox and found a good spot on the chassis there and ran it to the bottom block on the driver side

bottom driver side block

(-) battery to ground

Now to the amp rack, I decided to use the oem styrofoam rack thats under the floorboard as my base. However I have to build this raco accordingly because I will be switching out the amps in the future. So heres a pic of what it came with

So what I did, Since the bottom of if fits snug and does not move inside, I chopped the height of it about 3 inches and used the outside as a template for an amp rack.

in case anyone is wondering I did smooth out the edges with my palm sander lol

Then I placed the amps inside the trunk to figure out the layout

Thats pretty much it for now, Im waiting on two distro blocks and a fuse holder. Carpet came in the mail today. I will be drilling holes in the board using grommets for all the wire, so once the distro blocks come in I can finish the amp rack

Now to the amp rack, I decided to use the oem styrofoam rack thats under the floorboard as my base. However I have to build this raco accordingly because I will be switching out the amps in the future. So heres a pic of what it came with

So what I did, Since the bottom of if fits snug and does not move inside, I chopped the height of it about 3 inches and used the outside as a template for an amp rack.

in case anyone is wondering I did smooth out the edges with my palm sander lol

Then I placed the amps inside the trunk to figure out the layout

Thats pretty much it for now, Im waiting on two distro blocks and a fuse holder. Carpet came in the mail today. I will be drilling holes in the board using grommets for all the wire, so once the distro blocks come in I can finish the amp rack

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.