Cloth and paper composite cone woofer

UV Coated foam surround

Blue cast aluminum basket

Chrome back plate

Dual conex spiders

Nickel plated compression wire terminal

Large 340 oz. magnet structure

Recone kit Power Acoustik MOFO-122X-RC

Hey guys I'm new. To. Car audio. Well I had a wall mart system long ago lol. It was junk but any way. I'm getting these sub's 2 of them going in a 2000 mustang gt I'm really lost I want to run 1000 watts to each sub but the amps I'm looking at (brutes) if its a 2000 watt amp can I run 1000 to each sub from that one amp? Plz don't flame me I'm new to this been doing a lot of reading and I'm over welmed p.s I havnt picked out a deck yet. Ty.

Budget. Is 800 give or take. Havnt bought yet but want sub's that can handle 1000 watts I'm stuck on 12s but I'm pulling my back seat. And building a custom box. Want 12s

Budget. Is 800 give or take. I'm stuck on 12s but I'm pulling my back seat. And building a custom box. Want 12s
You are building a box in the back seat? Do you intend to wall it? Why 12s?

They don't sound different than 8s 10s 15s 18s if that's what you have heard. It's a myth

Idk yet for sure just figured they would sound better in back seat like I said I'm new lol. But on the speaker size. I just really like 12s for some reason

Idk yet for sure just figured they would sound better in back seat like I said I'm new lol. But on the speaker size. I just really like 12s for some reason
I like 12s also. They tend to fit every application. I really don't think they fit yours. Those back seat boxes tend to be more show than go. You don't really see them using higher than best buy level products.

I think you want to stay in the trunk. For a proper box for a pair of 12s you are looking at around 6.5 cubic feet. You may have that space but your trunk opening won't allow it. By the gear you're looking at, the mofo. You will be jaw dropped with 1 killer 10. Keep in mind more power more electrical. It takes power to make power. A stock alternator can only support so much. A 100 amp alternator, varys but normally taps out around 1500 total rms.

I don't have a clue what it takes bro just figured. Had to be something high like that I mean if I'm wrong plz correct me I'm trying to lean here not make anyone mad with noob questions lol

I don't have a clue what it takes bro just figured. Had to be something high like that I mean if I'm wrong plz correct me I'm trying to lean here not make anyone mad
You are good. Just answer the questions people ask the best you can. Enclousure is everything. 2 12s in a small box will get owned by 2 8s with enough airspace. Your headache is going to be that trunk opening. 12s don't play faster and 18s are not sloppy like you've probably heard. With any given good sub line the only difference is output. Stay away from brands like power acustik, boss, ect. If it looks to good to be true it is. Stay away from big box name brands, some is ok but you have to know where to buy it. Most is buying a name.

Start here. Everything here is real. There might be draw backs like build times, some is built to order.

SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US, Canada and More!!

Tkz a lot man I've been racking my brain trying to figure this stuff out like some kickers I found said something like 3200 watts 1600 watt RMS but its dual sub's in a box so I'm thinking 750 watt per sub lol??

Tkz a lot man I've been racking my brain trying to figure this stuff out like some kickers I found said something like 3200 watts 1600 watt RMS but its dual sub's in a box so I'm thinking 750 watt per sub lol??
Kicker was one of the founders. They went from Stillwater to China, dropped the solo X and went way down hill. They still do what they say for the most part but they use cheap cheap parts.

Go on that site and pick the ones you like more. Now keep in mind we are all brand nuthuggers of some sort, we all have our favorites. Mine is not on there but that's a great variety of great equipment. Crecsendo would be a good amp to go with or soundqubed. Subs just pick what you like best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.