why mono?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 5 channel amp. four channels can be bridged.to make a bridged connection my manual says to hook the rca cable to both left channels of amp and slide the selector from stereo to mono thus creating a high power amp.Why mono? my sub is already hooked to the 5th channel which is for a sub.

You can bridge channel 1 and 2 to power a component system in left door or kick panel, then bridge channel 3 and 4 to power component system on right side, my 5 channel amplifier outputs 75 watts per channel (1,2,3 and 4) at 4 ohm so there was no need to bridge any of the channels but if you have a low power 4 or 5 channel amplifier and want to drive a high power component set then bridging 1/2 & 3/4 is ideal..

To simplify things, you are combining 4 low power channels and creating 2 high power channels..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP, Keep in mind channels 1/2 and 3/4 are separate from the 5th channel (as far as all the 5 channel amps ive seen anyway). Bridging the first four channels into 2 channels won't change anything with your sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.