RAMROD's Build thread - Dodge Charger

Ramrod
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ozark, Mo
Thread%20Header.jpg

I have been collecting parts for some time on this build and I couldn't have done it without the help from these Companies and many of the forum members here..

Huge thanks goes out to Odyssey Batteries, XS Power, Mechman Alternators, American Bass, Toolmaker Metalworkz and of course CSCStang for a Custom box.

Parts List as of now...It may grow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

CSCStang - Custom Box

Mechman Alternator - 240a

American Bass 4480.1D Amp 2200 @ 1Ohm

American Bass XR-12 1200w RMS

Odyssey PC1350-A for Main Battery

XS Power XP750-CK for 2nd Battery

Toolmaker Metalworks - to me announced.....

My goal here was to really improve the Bass and not get to carried away with over all weight. Reasons why I went with a Single Sub set-up, Smaller sized Amp, Birch wood and a smaller lighter weight 2nd Battery.

Now as I post pictures and start this build. I will need some help and have some questions. I'm sure of it. I will also be giving my opinion and reviews on products as I go.

I noticed with my old set up. Just a single Memphis PR 10inch. That a lot of my bass was lost before it made it into the Cabin. So To fixed this issue. I'm moving up from a 500w set up to a 1500w-ish set up. I'm also running a 6 inch port through the rear deck. The sub will be firing off the side of the trunk just behind the seats. The port once it is through the rear deck is about 1in away from the back glass(at its closet point) I'm hoping the combination of all this will dramatically improve my Bass.

Also with my last set up. Just that 500.1 Prime Amp pulled enough to Dim my lights and slow my idle at hard bass hits. So to help fix this b/c it was already a problem and I knew it would just get worse. I'm jumping up from a stock 140a Alternator to the Mechman 240a which as an idle output higher then my stock could put out at max. I'm also switching out my Stock Lead Acid battery for a Big AGM from Odyssey and a 2nd Battery from XS Power. I will be also adding a BIG 3 kit. My car already has a 0g from Alt. to Battery. So I will be adding 0g for my grounds and a 0g from Alt. to Starter.

That's were I'm at now... If you see anything I need to address. Let me know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Im running a pair of the AB 4480.1 ds @ 1 ohm ea.I enjoy them. Shell out some power.Run nice and warm/cool.Thanks to Mylows10, Great customer service and great amps.Thanks Jim!! I think you will enjoy that amp.The 2680.1d is no slouch as well. Slamms a pair of XFL 10s on a daily with the 150.4 on mids and highs.Great line of amps-American Bass VFL Mini Hybrids.

Im running a pair of the AB 4480.1 ds @ 1 ohm ea.I enjoy them. Shell out some power.Run nice and warm/cool.Thanks to Mylows10, Great customer service and great amps.Thanks Jim!! I think you will enjoy that amp.The 2680.1d is no slouch as well. Slamms a pair of XFL 10s on a daily with the 150.4 on mids and highs.Great line of amps-American Bass VFL Mini Hybrids.
That's good to know.I may add a 12 down the line with a new box. Never know. It's nice to know my Amp can handle it.

cant wait to see the final outcome. and looking forward to pics and updates. i have the same car and was thinking about porting through that 8 in cutout for premium sound sub that i dont have as well.

and to make it clear. i did pull up the trunk cargo board and seen zero gauge wire form the bat in the trunk that ran through the car and it goes under the rear and front passenger seats and bolts to the dash wall under the dash in the inside of the car. so you say from engine bay fire wall it also runs from that point, zero gauge to the alt as well?

most people get away with big three wiring kits for $50 but i was afraid in our situation that we would spend $50 alone on the power wire from alt to batt doing the big 3. and not to mention if i read and remember correct dodge used welding cable as that zero gauge wire from battery to alt?

cant wait to see the final outcome. and looking forward to pics and updates. i have the same car and was thinking about porting through that 8 in cutout for premium sound sub that i dont have as well.
and to make it clear. i did pull up the trunk cargo board and seen zero gauge wire form the bat in the trunk that ran through the car and it goes under the rear and front passenger seats and bolts to the dash wall under the dash in the inside of the car. so you say from engine bay fire wall it also runs from that point, zero gauge to the alt as well?

most people get away with big three wiring kits for $50 but i was afraid in our situation that we would spend $50 alone on the power wire from alt to batt doing the big 3. and not to mention if i read and remember correct dodge used welding cable as that zero gauge wire from battery to alt?
The Zero gauge is up to the Starter.. LX's need to Zero gauge from the Alt. to Starter. Then just the Grounds. The next step if needed would be to make a nother run of Zero gauge from Alt. to Battery.

ya man we need some pics......................... lol were are they....... lol
im tuned in.
Pic's will come very soon... I can post a teaser of the Box... Will have more pictures of the box soon.. CSCStang has been great at sending me updates. We hit s small hick-up, on measurements from AB but we are squared away now.

Box Size 26.75 x 17.75 x 15

20150312_102219.jpg

20150312_105144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd smoke a blunt in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.