Old Stereo had RCA, new one doesnt

Participant count
  • Participant list

TyBudd

Cali
Sup Fellas,

My old stereo was installed by a shop, and the stereo had RCA jack connections, for the full ranged speakers, so they ran RCA's from the stereo to the amp. Now my new stereo doesn't have RCA's only for the subs, how would I go about wiring this at the head unit??

Sup Fellas,
My old stereo was installed by a shop, and the stereo had RCA jack connections, for the full ranged speakers, so they ran RCA's from the stereo to the amp. Now my new stereo doesn't have RCA's only for the subs, how would I go about wiring this at the head unit??
You need a LOC, i recommend some along the lines on an LC6i, feed the factory wires into unit, converted to RCA with gains.

You need a LOC, i recommend some along the lines on an LC6i, feed the factory wires into unit, converted to RCA with gains.
No

If it's an aftermarket radio just run rcas to the amp to there proper side if you have a high and mids amp and a sub amp and only one set of preout a on the deck invest in a eq.

NoIf it's an aftermarket radio just run rcas to the amp to there proper side if you have a high and mids amp and a sub amp and only one set of preout a on the deck invest in a eq.
If you read his initial post closely, he said that his new deck only has sub preout and he needs high/mid, so he needs an LOC to get the signal into RCA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.