Klipsh Promedia 2.1 or DD PM-151 & ABC-10

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
I guess this qualifies as home audio. I got a klipsch promedia 2.1 system for my computer. I want better bass, i was thinking about getting the DD pm-151 and the ABC-10. Has anyone used these? I dont wanna drop $700 and it not be worth it. Thanks!

I would suggest you building your own setup/ sub enclosure with an adjustable aero ports. Id get a dayton h0 18 or 15 or 12 depending on the space you have. Tune the box to 22-25 hertz or so and pair it with a 500 watt bash plate amp, it will sound amazing and destroy most pre built systems.

Grab two vifa xt25 tweets along with two silverflute 6.5s and put them in a sealed box and pair it with the sub.

Disclosure: I am not responsible for any structural damages to you or your neighborhood s houses via violently low subsonic frequencies

Check out http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/

His stuff is absolutely phenomenal and does so with cheap equipment. Now if you don't have a wood shop or access to one/a friend then I'd recommend Blazian's advice.

The world of home audio is much, much more forgiving equipment wise than car audio. For example, Pyle is actually semi decent in the pro audio/home audio world. My uncle has a Polk Audio home theater system powered by a Kenwood theater amp and its great all around.

Yeah you can get whatever reciever and bookshelf speakers and powered subwoofer and have better response than the klipsh pro media( i used to have them), it does take up some real estate though.

Also like expensive as hell.
You said you didn't wanna spend $700 and not be worth it. The Exo2 Active 2.1 system is $500 and comes with sub and remote hub. and it hits everything frequency down to 20hz. Of course there's cheaper out there but I'm sure you're looking for quality if you were gonna spend $700 in the first place. You would save the most if you just build your own system from scratch.. but that is up to you.. BTW I've heard the Klipsch promedia 2.1 and was not impressed with the sound. It's consumer entry level. Time to step up.

here's the link to the exo2 if you're interested..

Blue Sky International eXo2 Active 2.1 Desktop Speaker EXO2 B&H

I personally have a Swan M200MKIII with a Klipsch RW10D and it costed me like $600 total when they were on sale. I hooked them up to my Burson HA-160D and I love it..

You said you didn't wanna spend $700 and not be worth it. The Exo2 Active 2.1 system is $500 and comes with sub and remote hub. and it hits everything frequency down to 20hz. Of course there's cheaper out there but I'm sure you're looking for quality if you were gonna spend $700 in the first place. You would save the most if you just build your own system from scratch.. but that is up to you.. BTW I've heard the Klipsch promedia 2.1 and was not impressed with the sound. It's consumer entry level. Time to step up.
here's the link to the exo2 if you're interested..

Blue Sky International eXo2 Active 2.1 Desktop Speaker EXO2 B&H

I personally have a Swan M200MKIII with a Klipsch RW10D and it costed me like $600 total when they were on sale. I hooked them up to my Burson HA-160D and I love it..
Lol, I was looking at the home audio stuff not the computer style systems. Their home audio 6.5 are like $2,500. $525 isn't that bad. That 8" sub is only given 110w the klipsh one gets I think around 200w. Will it hit harder than the klipsh or just have a better freq. response?

Lol, I was looking at the home audio stuff not the computer style systems. Their home audio 6.5 are like $2,500. $525 isn't that bad. That 8" sub is only given 110w the klipsh one gets I think around 200w. Will it hit harder than the klipsh or just have a better freq. response?
it is 200w total for the entire klipsch 2.1, not the sub.. it's about 130w for the sub so similar power.. besides you can't judge by just power rating. The sub is not gonna see all of that power ever because of music being dynamic. I think it will be very similar output maybe klipsch a tad bit louder but the exo2 will have a way better freq response down to 20hz. If you really wanna bump and shake the entire house, then u gotta build yourself a box and get a 10" or 12" dayton HO.. along with some bookshelf 2 way speakers.. Otherwise I think the exo2 should be pretty sufficient for just a room.

@CplCuddles; dang I just noticed they raised their price from 500 to 525 in one day... that's not bad either way though.. hopefully it drops back down or find somewhere else for cheaper.. since the exo2 is sealed box, with a qtc of .707 buttersworth response so it is very even response all over. I think the exo2 will be louder overall in a broader range but the klipsch will be louder in the 30's hz range since it seems like it's ported around there. Everytime i hear the klipsch 2.1 at bestbuy it is very muddy and distorts alot when you turn it up.. that is only my opinion though.. I just didn't like it..

found another link
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...XSvZaomWJ1NTtm88mkTcydk_y8qd_ecvR4aAtgO8P8HAQ

Lol if you gonna spend several hundred bucks on a a few hundred watt 8 or 10s looking to hit hard, you could have had a 12/15/18 powered daytons from parts express with some nice tower speakers vs computer speakers... unless you have a severe space restriction.

[quote name='blazian87']@CplCuddles; dang I just noticed they raised their price from 500 to 525 in one day... that's not bad either way though.. hopefully it drops back down or find somewhere else for cheaper.. since the exo2 is sealed box, with a qtc of .707 buttersworth response so it is very even response all over. I think the exo2 will be louder overall in a broader range but the klipsch will be louder in the 30's hz range since it seems like it's ported around there. Everytime i hear the klipsch 2.1 at bestbuy it is very muddy and distorts alot when you turn it up.. that is only my opinion though.. I just didn't like it..

found another link
Blue Sky eXo2 | Sweetwater.com[/QUOTE]

I have noticed the distorted sound at times, especially above the half way point on the bass knob. I had punished that sub for years, It is dying on me. I WANT to build my own setup; The problem is I don't have the tools or know-how to do so. The satellites on the pro-media are quite good actually, I can't have them full volume, it hurts. I do like the EXO2 for its low freq. response. The only problem is like I said I want MORE bass. I think a 10 or 12 would suffice. I like the Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" freq response 24-600Hz. What kinda mids/highs though? Also, How should I go about the boxes and such? I have zero knowledge in box building..

Well you are in luck because they actually sell a good enclosure right on partsexpress that's made specifically for the Dayton HO. Dayton Audio 12" Reference Series HO Subwoofer and Cabinet Package

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-10-reference-series-ho-subwoofer-and-cabinet-package--300-7091

Do you have an old receiver laying around? Otherwise you need an amp or a subwoofer plate amp you can screw on the box.. You can buy this but it's a bit expensive..

Dayton Audio SPA500 500W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier

or they have the 250w one if you can't afford the 500w one

Dayton Audio SPA250 250 Watt Subwoofer Plate Amplifier

for the mids and highs.. look into bookshelf speakers that are within your budget.. there are plenty around..

Bookshelf Speakers in the Home Audio / Video Department at Parts Express | 99

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
CplCuddles
Topeka, KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from