Amp quit while driving down the road, cannot find any issues, RE Audio XTX 1500.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

blgaudio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tennessee
RE Audio XTX 1500.1 wired at 1 ohms

Protection light is green

RCA's are good, have replaced with another pair just to test

remote signal is good

ground is to battery (5th Gen Camaro with battery in trunk), strong 14 volts.

All fuses good.

Signal from HU is good

There's no output on the channel at all. Unit was working fine, while driving down the road today the subs quit. I've hooked the subs to another amp to test, they worked fine. This amp is only months old, it's not been pushed hard. Gain is at maybe 1/2. Was driving two RE Audio 10" Subs DVC 4 ohm

I'm out of ideas besides a dead amp, anyone have any input?

Amp has 2 LEDs.

Power LED should be green.

Protection LED should be dark/off.

Double check the Master/Slave switch and make sure it is in the Master position (yeah, I know, how would it switch itself? - check it anyway)

Amp has 2 LEDs. Power LED should be green.

Protection LED should be dark/off.

Double check the Master/Slave switch and make sure it is in the Master position (yeah, I know, how would it switch itself? - check it anyway)
Just for my sanity I'm going to have to go check the master switch, I believe it was correct. Power led was green, Protection was off.

Still not working?
Actually, it fixed itself somehow. I left it unhooked overnight, cycled the master/slave switch and hooked it back up. I don't know if the switch may have vibrated enough to loose contact or what the deal was, but for now its working and i'm left puzzled.

Actually, it fixed itself somehow. I left it unhooked overnight, cycled the master/slave switch and hooked it back up. I don't know if the switch may have vibrated enough to loose contact or what the deal was, but for now its working and i'm left puzzled.
hmmm, how hot was the amp?

It shouldn't have been close to clipping, I'm running the gain quite low, it for sure wasn't hot either. I'm just gonna tag this as a mystery and enjoy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So far it's been good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.