Need help deciding batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reactions
10+ year member

Planning on running 1500 watts. I have a 2013 hyundai elantra so fitting a big battery won't work.

I want to add a secondary battery but not sure if I should just add a rear battery or run 2 xs 950(1 as starter and 1 backup) but I heard bad things about running those types of batteries as starters. What are your opinions?

Well my H.I.d s flicker and my interior lights dim a bit I haven't done the big 3 but I have a pretty small battery so I thought that was going to help. The wiring was half of a battery so I thought I would upgrade the battery first.

That's alternator getting pulled down. If hids flicker that's really bad. Battery will not help you. Get a dmm and monitor voltage while playing. Back the gain down till its stable. You are going to fry something if you don't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.