power and ground wires

well i just ordered some xs power 1/0. I bought 25 feet bundles for $48 each on SE. I realized afterward it wasnt OFC. If im going to be running no more than 3000w rms will it even matter. will there be a diffrence in voltage increase?

you should have got some knu wire....

you get voltage drop. you will not get any more volt out of a 12v system.... 12v is 12v... you want to limit the losses.

good wire will give you better flow of that power......

OP, what amps will you be running? And what power source/storage (alt size/battery size) do you have under the hood and in the rear?

you get voltage drop. you will not get any more volt out of a 12v system.... 12v is 12v... you want to limit the losses.

Why, other than you just nuthugging?

CCA is perfectly fine. Just remember MOST 1/0 CCA is rated at 250 amps with a 20' run. If you are planning on pulling more than 250amps look into OFC or dual CCA runs.

first off, i know knu is good wire. thats not the point tho. im not trying to compare brands im asking if there is a noticeable diffrence in regular 1/0 and 1/0 ofc and by that i mean POWER flow not voltage. i said the wrong thing.

The wire debate is one of the most ridiculous in Car Audio.

Check the specs on the wire. If it is a decent brand it should be able to live up to specs

Most CCA is rated for 250A @ 20ft.

Most OFC is rated for 300A @ 20ft.

Both will get the job done. If both are ran within its limits you will not be able to tell a bit of difference.

Car Audio OFC wire is stupid overpriced. Welding wire is pure copper as well and is about HALF THE COST.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.