Gains all the way up on amp...

Participant count
  • Participant list

njknittle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
PA
I know well enough to never set the gains on an amp all the way up, but with the setup i have now it seems to me that, thats the only option to really get the sub banging. I have a little P500 Rockford Fosgate running at 2ohms, and a DVC Alpine Type R in a sealed box. With all the amps ive ever had this is the first one that ive had to set the gains over the halfway mark to make the sub move. As long as im not clipping, are the gains OK to be up high?

Double Check subwoofer wiring? Is the subwoofer level on the head unit turned all the way up?
Subwoofer level on deck are set to max as well. I mean the sub plays like it should when everything is max, I just find it weird that its like that. Subwoofer wiring is also correct.

Does it have 2v outs? If so at half you are getting nothing
I have a 2v pre-out HU. Max volume is 35. My amp is 3/4 up. Clips at 26-27.
Subs dont even move at half gain. But your definition of half gain could be different then mine.

Yes it is a 2v preout but if I turn the volume up to halfway, its loud. the door speakers that is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

njknittle

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
njknittle
PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date