Alpine MRV-F300 or Memphis 16-PRX4.50

Participant count
  • Participant list

sjv13
10+ year member

StayStrange
I'm looking at both of these amps. They are both 4x50 and both are for sale for $200.

My Polk PA660 went bad on me, so I'm looking to replace it with one of these.

Can anyone tell me a yay or nay for either one?

Thanks for a quick reply! I'm on a trip right now and I'll be passing the car audio store in an hour!

Just picked up the Memphis. Decided to go with it because I got a good deal on it ($360 down to $200 out the door). I will post a review after I get it hooked up on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got everything installed and set the gains. I'm running each tweeter and woofer on it's own channel. And the verdict is that the Memphis sounds way better than my old Polk. There is no audible hiss at low volumes like there was with the Polk PA660, and everything just sounds more open, effortless, and most of all CLEANER!

Because of the experience with the Polk which was a class AB, I was leaning towards a class D (the alpine) but I am really glad I went with the Memphis. I would probably not pay full MSRP ($360), but since I got it for $212 (including tax) I am very happy with it!

EDIT: Also, thought I'd add that it does indeed get plenty loud. It gets louder than my 75x4 Polk and sounds better doing it

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.