Picking an amp

Im on a light budget.. looking to get the best performance I can get for around $100 for a 2-channel, if possible.

I plan to treat the doors aswell.

edit; I guess I may add a sub one day. would want to run off another amp, though.

Hi, I don't mean to thread jack but I'm in a similar situation and plan on buying the JBL P660Cs. I know that the PPI P900.4 is a commonly recommended amp and I was wondering if a Precision Power PPI BK210.2 would do well(because they are currently on sale for cheap). I know they are from two different product lines but I'm not sure how much of a difference there is. If it isn't a good pick, are there any other recommendations for a budget amp, whether it's 2-channel or 4-channel? I'm not quite sure whether I want to replace my rear speakers later on down the line but it is a possibility. But for now I just plan on swapping out the fronts and amping them, and hopefully treating the doors.

Hi, I don't mean to thread jack but I'm in a similar situation and plan on buying the JBL P660Cs. I know that the PPI P900.4 is a commonly recommended amp and I was wondering if a Precision Power PPI BK210.2 would do well(because they are currently on sale for cheap). I know they are from two different product lines but I'm not sure how much of a difference there is. If it isn't a good pick, are there any other recommendations for a budget amp, whether it's 2-channel or 4-channel? I'm not quite sure whether I want to replace my rear speakers later on down the line but it is a possibility. But for now I just plan on swapping out the fronts and amping them, and hopefully treating the doors.
gma5602 gmd8604

would it be better to go with a GMA3602 since its power ratings more closely match the power handling of the P660Cs?
Nope. You would be under powering the comps with the 3602. Always better to have headroom. Just set the gains moderately.

ok, i was told Planet Audio AC1200.2 Anarchy Series 1200W 2-Channel Amplifier isn't a good amp. It reaches the RMS rating by a lot for cheap, what makes it not a good amp?
would i be better off going with a little older used amp spending $80-100
Most of Planet Audio's stuff isn't very good. Their Big Bang series amps are pretty solid. I Briefly ran a Big Bang series 175.4 and it's a very power hungry, but stout, stout amp. On that budget though, your best bet will be to buy used. Try to find a 2 channel amp that outputs 100-120 RMS per channel. That'll give you a bit of headroom and shouldn't break the bank.

Most of Planet Audio's stuff isn't very good. Their Big Bang series amps are pretty solid. I Briefly ran a Big Bang series 175.4 and it's a very power hungry, but stout, stout amp. On that budget though, your best bet will be to buy used. Try to find a 2 channel amp that outputs 100-120 RMS per channel. That'll give you a bit of headroom and shouldn't break the bank.
Ok, sorry to keep asking questions but how much would i want to spend for a good 2 channel for those? My Kia Sorento 2004 comes with an amp, that may be able to hold me over until I save up some extra money. The holidays are a burdon to my wallet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.