Best Mono amp option for 2 JL 10W6v3 subwoofers

airman

Hello all. I've just picked up my 2nd JL 10w6v3 subwoofer. I'm more into tight accurate bass, I'm looking at a custom sub box right now for these subs. I don't want to go with a prefab box since these subs are rated pretty high and I want to get the most out of them in my vehicle with is a 2010 RAV4. I currently have Alpine PDX-M6 installed and it's a good amp but I wonder is it's underpowered for 2 10W6v3's. I was looking at a JL Audio HD750/1 and HD1200/1. What do you think would be a good amp choice for these 2 subs as for as wattage is concerned to get the most out these subs, also I plan to wire them for a total 4 ohm load.

Thanks

Hello all. I've just picked up my 2nd JL 10w6v3 subwoofer. I'm more into tight accurate bass, I'm looking at a custom sub box right now for these subs. I don't want to go with a prefab box since these subs are rated pretty high and I want to get the most out of them in my vehicle with is a 2010 RAV4. I currently have Alpine PDX-M6 installed and it's a good amp but I wonder is it's underpowered for 2 10W6v3's. I was looking at a JL Audio HD750/1 and HD1200/1. What do you think would be a good amp choice for these 2 subs as for as wattage is concerned to get the most out these subs, also I plan to wire them for a total 4 ohm load.
Thanks
If you want to get the most out of them, then the HD 1200/1 would work. The HD750 would be underpowering them, and the Alpine PDX-M6 is barely enough to run one sub. I take it that you're set on going sealed since you bought a 2nd sub? I hope you're getting these JL products at a discount because they are ridiculously expensive for what they are. Are you gonna upgrade your speakers and headunit as well?

I got the subs for $280 each and yes I'm going with a custom sealed enclosure. The subs are rated for amps between 200 to 600 watts each and my current amp does 600 watts into 4 ohms which would be 300 watts per sub. I guess that's not optimum but it,s a start, the I'll have to work on getting a good 1200 watt amp

If you are going to use the 1200 you better upgrade your alternator first. My old 1000/1 would kill voltage. They got better with the HD but they are still very hard on electrical. It's the price you pay for what it does.

My RAV4 has the tow prep package that includes a upgraded alternator and I have a 1 pico-farad capacitor installed, hopefully that will be enough for a 1200 watt mono amp, I'm told that the JL 1200/1 doesn't draw that much current though I might be wrong. Any thoughts?

Caps are useless. All they do is block power going to the amp. And If you have the tow package you have a 150 amp alt. it should be fine. If it's not back the power down. But yes they do draw a lot of current and draw it all the time.

My RAV4 has the tow prep package that includes a upgraded alternator and I have a 1 pico-farad capacitor installed, hopefully that will be enough for a 1200 watt mono amp, I'm told that the JL 1200/1 doesn't draw that much current though I might be wrong. Any thoughts?
It will be I'm running mine off the stock 160amp alt a blue top battery and the big three upgrade and lights never even dim. Another thing you should definitely run those subs ported the box won't be much bigger and the output will be awesome. No loud is correct also don't use the cap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.