Status
Not open for further replies.

72Impala
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Item(s) for Sale:

21FT of Black 500MCM (aka 8/0) welding cable

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used but not abused, no tears, no oxidation, just HUGE power wire. Terminals can be ordered on Ebay or you can make your own with Copper pipe. Transfers a ton of power, I believe it is 1400amps at 100' or something insane

Price:

$140 shipped for the 21ft length. That's really cheap if you look up 500MCM prices

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Flat rate USPS

Item Pictures:

Picture is compared to Orange 1/0 Knuconceptz Kollosus, and 4/0 Welding cable. 4/0 is big so this kind of gives you an idea how big this stuff really is.

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Thats some huge *** wire. Idk that my panels would even go back on if I ran that in my car, lol.
Definitely would want to run this under the car in most cases, or just use it from your batteries to your fuse block.

Item(s) for Sale:
21FT of Black 500MCM (aka 8/0) welding cable

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used but not abused, no tears, no oxidation, just HUGE power wire. Terminals can be ordered on Ebay or you can make your own with Copper pipe. Transfers a ton of power, I believe it is 1400amps at 100' or something insane

Price:

$140 shipped for the 21ft length. That's really cheap if you look up 500MCM prices

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Flat rate USPS

Item Pictures:

Picture is compared to Orange 1/0 Knuconceptz Kollosus, and 4/0 Welding cable. 4/0 is big so this kind of gives you an idea how big this stuff really is.

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).
TF you trying to power lol

TF you trying to power lol

Really we should all use wire this big for runs from the battery bank to fuse block, but the terminals aren't readily available as 1/0 ring terminals and there is no reason for companies to sell this wire as only few people would require it.

The larger diameter you go, the less internal resistance you get. Think of it like this::

Do you use 4 runs of 8 gauge, or 1 run of 0 gauge? Same thing, 4 runs of 0 gauge, or 1 run of 500mcm? People do like 6 runs of 1/0 when that makes no sense if bigger wire is available, the only reason it is done, is because the terminals are easy to find, fuse blocks are designed for 1/0, Ect. Just food for thought

Really we should all use wire this big for runs from the battery bank to fuse block, but the terminals aren't readily available as 1/0 ring terminals and there is no reason for companies to sell this wire as only few people would require it.
The larger diameter you go, the less internal resistance you get. Think of it like this::

Do you use 4 runs of 8 gauge, or 1 run of 0 gauge? Same thing, 4 runs of 0 gauge, or 1 run of 500mcm? People do like 6 runs of 1/0 when that makes no sense if bigger wire is available, the only reason it is done, is because the terminals are easy to find, fuse blocks are designed for 1/0, Ect. Just food for thought

understood. i run multiple runs of 0, but get it dirt cheap. but that is some beast @ss wire

500mcm is $13 a foot used on ebay and $18 a foot new. That's plus shipping, I'm selling for less than $7 a foot shipped. I have no idea why this is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...