DDs super 8

What's the verdict? I will wait to be around one before I form my opinion but I'm normally turned off by different to this degree. Don't even throw the price out there unless you really think MSRP means anything. SW2508 | DD Audio
I didn't like the surround. The theory is good, but it makes the sub look like cheap piece of **** subs.

Here's an example:

brand_new_lanzar_max_series_maxp104d_1_200_watt_10_dual_voice_coil_car_stereo_subwoofer.jpg

The first that came to my mind was kicker, then I saw the price point, meh. I had a set of the redline 608's, did not pay retail, was truly impressed with them, basically because I, again, didn't have to pay retail. The prolly will sound great, but that price point?!!????

OK....I'll bite....

So...I'm a DD-Dealer, and I will say...

The new SW2508 looks great. And all of your have overlooked the fact that the 'ridges' in the DD-surround continues onto the surround landing and the cone.

I'm sure some of you remember the high-roll surround dimpling of the old IDMAX subs?.....well.....DD worked to fix such long-throw dimpling...especially on small diameter subs.

OK....I'll bite....
So...I'm a DD-Dealer, and I will say...

The new SW2508 looks great. And all of your have overlooked the fact that the 'ridges' in the DD-surround continues onto the surround landing and the cone.

I'm sure some of you remember the high-roll surround dimpling of the old IDMAX subs?.....well.....DD worked to fix such long-throw dimpling...especially on small diameter subs.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Dealer or not.

Imho it looks like a heap of cr@p.

And with that msrp at that map I'd wager you won't sell a pair.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Dealer or not.
Imho it looks like a heap of cr@p.

And with that msrp at that map I'd wager you won't sell a pair.

I won't lie to you, I haven't got my hands on a DD-SW2508....But I have the RL506's, and based on the numbers for "limited space" customers....the RL608's are kicking ***!!! They open up crazy limited windows for ported sub boxes.

I won't lie to you, I haven't got my hands on a DD-SW2508....But I have the RL506's, and based on the numbers for "limited space" customers....the RL608's are kicking ***!!! They open up crazy limited windows for ported sub boxes.
Won't argue with you there.

I've read/heard good things about dem 8's.

they are also easier on the wallet.

Sq hds208's would be a better bargain though.

The massive hippo or ab Vfl 8 also fit in that class.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.