The real firemedic7733

foreman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
Ok, so here are the pics of the speakers he sent and a few close ups.

First pic is exactly how i opened the box. My 14 year old son looking on says "whoa dad, that doesn't look good". Almost no bubble wrap, although he claims every piece was wrapped.

Next, once i emailed him, i let him know i contacted paypal to resolve this so he could refund me as i have no use for broken speakers. As you can see from the pics, one basket is broken, one terminal completely broken and the crossovers are apart, tweeters in poor shape. Just a hot mess.

After he told Tom told me he would make a claim with USPS as he claims was their fault, i stated he should do my refund first as that was the right thing to do. Tom tells me i should have asked nice and basically pound salt....like i had no right to be upset? Think not.

Oh, and the funny part, he threatens legal action for defamation. So, without further ado, here are pics and the PM history from us.

Enjoy!!

Re: cliff speakers

Tom, i got the speakers. Terrible, terrible packing job. One little piece of bubble wrap with no air in the bubbles. All the speakers were just bouncing around. The tweeters are all dented, the x-overs are coming apart, the mids came apart and at least 4 are noticeably blown. Magnets are broken and pieces in the box. I have pics of everything as well. Not cool at all. I need a full refund of the $93.95 asap. I know you say you had a family emergency and i'm sorry for that, but this needs to be resolved quickly.

Chris.

I'm sorry the speakers arrived that way. I need pictures of the damage and the way they were packaged. It's not that I don't believe you at all. However, I purchased 2 rolls of bubble wrap. All mids were wire tied cone to cone, then wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in the box. It would appear damage was done by USPS and perhaps the package was opened and re packed prior to you getting it. I had the package insured and will file a claim with USPS. Again, I apologize the package arrived in that manner and I will resolve this.

Tom, ill send you the pics just shoot me your email. No way was this box packed with bubble wrap. Once you see the pics id like my refund. I dobt know why you cancelled the paypal one i started. Its obvious the box was not packed properly. I understand you want to go after the post office for a claim but the proper thing to do is refund my money and get your back from them. Send ne your email so i can send pics

Chris.

The proper thing to do is not lie. There was bubble wrap and you know it. They were also wore tied together and not "obviously blown." Had you sent me a message saying u didn't like what you got, it would have been different and I would have gladly taken the product back and refunded the money. However, you chose to threaten me on PayPal and say you were having your credit card company come after me. You also made contradictory statements between your first message here, PayPal and the last message you sent me. I do not handle threats or accusations well at all. You know how they were packaged and proof of such has already been submitted to PayPal. Here's the killer, my friend: the post office packaged them and I recorded it. Complete with it being sealed and the address labels placed. You want to act like a child, lie and make false accusations and threaten me and I will handle it as I deem necessary. This is not my first time sailing this road and I've learned to protect myself. 2 complete comp sets were shipped tested and perfectly fine, along with brand new focal 6.5's that have never been installed. That is why I disputed the claim on PayPal and will continue to do so

Are you serious???send me your email and ill show you. My kids saw me open the box and were like whoa...either way my credit card company will give my money back and come after u. No worries. Im posting this whole thing here with pics. And throwing away all the xrap you sent me. Lie. Sure. Over junk someone sent me. Enjoy. You are obviously a scammer and soon everyone else will know it too.

Yep, I'm a scammer and yet you're the only one to have issues with anything I've sold on here. Not a scammer at all, sir. You obviously have no concern about going through the proper channels to get this resolved. You have my email address. It's how you paid me, remember? And be careful exactly what you do post. Written accusations that cannot be proven is slander and can open you up to legal action. Your first message mentioned the bubble wrap, then you said there was none. Which one is it, Chris? You are the one that chose to step this up be calling me dishonest and making accusations. Had you not said what you did on PayPal, your money would already be back to you. You should learn to think before you speak

Not worried about you in the slightest sir. Have a good day.

THE END.......

I'd like to see the pics he posted on the sale thread because if you bought that all rusted up like that and cracked nasty paint ..you should have known it was a bad move....I do find it hard to belive someone would ship things like that but looking at the condition of the items /shrug. gl getting your money back hope you do. Regardless though I wouldn't want to pay 2 cents for that steaming pile of crap.

If you look at his for sale ad, the backs look weathered a bit but nothing like what showed up. It's obvious it wasn't packed properly, and i would love to see video of it being done so by USPS

Im not saying OP is lying but, he did say in the statement above that there was bubble wrap just not a bunch, then in the messages he says there was none. So it kind of contradicts the story...

I said there was almost no bubble wrap, not none. One small piece and most of the bubbles were popped. Just look at the pic. What good was that piece doing there? lol And let me clarify, he claimed they were all wrapped in bubble wrap and 2 rolls worth....anyone see 2 rolls worth? That was my point, not that it was totally not present. But seriously, might as well not have been.

I've been on this forum for a long time and bought and sold many things long before itrader. My feedback under my name is and always has been great.

Not trying to flame a guy for no reason. Just want done what is right. I really wish these were good and useable.

My turn to respond. First of all, the pics of the damaged speakers her posted were the spare ones I had included as parts. There were 2 complete sets of non damaged components. I notice he included no pics of these. I sent him pics of everything, way more detailed than what was in the for sale thread. The items were not packaged as his pic shows. There were 2 rolls of bubble wrap used. Each speaker except one was wire tied to another cone to cone, then wrapped in bubble wrap. In fact, in the pics I will post, you can see in the background that the speakers are indeed sitting cone to cone in prep for shipping. Then there was newspaper used to full the small amount of voids in the box. I also put 2 focal buyout drivers I bought from parts express that have never even seen power, let alone installed or damaged. The OP failed to mention that, didnt he? I also want to add that this was the first time Ive seen the pics he supposedly took when he got the package. He refused to send them to me. When he filed the complaint with paypal, beofre I even was aware there was a problem, he said I was dishonest and a scammer and that he and his credit card company would take legal action against me. He never gave me the opportunity to respond to anything. That did indeed **** me off. Now, I understand I dont have the cred on here that he does. But, I dont live, eat and breathe this stuff. Its a hobby for me. Something to do in my spare time. And I personally dont care what he has to say about me on here, as I am pretty much done with this forum. Ive sold my remaining items, which once the buyer gets them, he will post feedback showing Im not a scammer. Feedback isnt going to hurt me from now on.

My whole take is this: The speakers werent in the best condition, which I communicated as best I could. Several people responded to my thread, and they can attest that I sent them the pics too and conveyed truthfully with them. Anyways, he got the items and didnt like what he had. Instead of him communicating properly with me, he chose to puff his chest out and be a ******. Which, by the way, had accusations not been made and him handle it the way he did, I would have gladly refunded his money and taken the items back. I can be just as much a bad *** as him. I have submitted my evidence to paypal as well, and I guess they will determine.

My advice to you is this, Chris. Next time, be a gentlemen. Dont make up lies, fabrications and omit things. You might be surprised with the results you get. As I said, this could have been very easily resolved had you chosen to take the high road. Hope it made you feel like a ******, cause as far as Im concerned, your just another douchebag that has no idea what mutual respect is.

Heres the pics: Also, notice upload date. Well before OP even contacted me in regards to them. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dbabhp4etduwbs8/AAC_CopPVJZ7bdvV_qYYB-2Xa?dl=0

I will post the video. I wanna know why he only posted pics of 2 damaged items when there were 18 items total in the box. He's the one making the accusations, let him post the proof I did anything wrong. When you are charged with something in court, they have to prove you did it, not you prove yourself innocent. This all could have been very easily avoided. "Hey man, I just got the package. I think something's may have gotten damaged, here's some pics of the stuff. I would like my money back." Not "you're a dishonest scammer & I'm coming after you"

Too funny.. Pics do look like items so he kinda knew what he was getting. Kinda hard to call how they were packaged without any proof. I find it hard to believe medic would jam **** into a box like that but since I don't know him it's impossible to make the call. I guess there's a lesson learned for all of us here.

Take pictures of how you package your items to cya :

I never refused to send you pics, ive told you that. Find one instance where i typed that. There was no 2 rolls of bubble wrap, as evidenced in the pic. Yes, they were tie wrapped together, never said they weren't. All the bubble wrap in that box was a small piece that looks like it was thrown in for show. I asked for your email, only because not everyone uses their paypal email as the email they normally use. That is it. All i wanted was a refund. No drama, and no lies. All i said was here's how i got them, and you jumped all over me saying i lied, and i won't get a refund. You said you wanted to do a claim, i said the right thing to do was refund me first. I was upset, and you accused me of lying. That's what happened. I know these speakers were older, but they looked to be in working shape. I'm pretty sure either you were rushed with your family emergency you said you had, or you had someone else pack and send them for you and they didn't put any thought into it. Either way it showed up a mess. Doesn't matter anyway, already called my credit card so i'm just waiting to send this box of junk back.

And if yu guys really want me to post the pics of the dents in the tweeters, the tweet missing the grill and pushed in, and a video of the noise the coils are making i will. But honestly it's moot at this point. If i was scamming this guy i would keep this crap and use it. Its not useable at all. I'd send it back if my credit card wants me to, if not it's all going in the trash.

If you have a video (you don't) post it and this thread will be over, OP will look like a total **** and your name is clean. IF you actually have a video, there is absolutely NO reason to not have it posted yet

I will post the video. I wanna know why he only posted pics of 2 damaged items when there were 18 items total in the box. He's the one making the accusations, let him post the proof I did anything wrong. When you are charged with something in court, they have to prove you did it, not you prove yourself innocent. This all could have been very easily avoided. "Hey man, I just got the package. I think something's may have gotten damaged, here's some pics of the stuff. I would like my money back." Not "you're a dishonest scammer & I'm coming after you"
He was nice in his emails/texts to you.

Also this isnt court. Prove you packed them right. With no proof the OP's pictures of the box are all we have to go on.

Ok, so here are the pics of the speakers he sent and a few close ups. First pic is exactly how i opened the box. My 14 year old son looking on says "whoa dad, that doesn't look good". Almost no bubble wrap, although he claims every piece was wrapped.

I never refused to send you pics, ive told you that. Find one instance where i typed that. There was no 2 rolls of bubble wrap, as evidenced in the pic. Yes, they were tie wrapped together, never said they weren't. All the bubble wrap in that box was a small piece that looks like it was thrown in for show. I asked for your email, only because not everyone uses their paypal email as the email they normally use. That is it. All i wanted was a refund. No drama, and no lies. All i said was here's how i got them, and you jumped all over me saying i lied, and i won't get a refund. You said you wanted to do a claim, i said the right thing to do was refund me first. I was upset, and you accused me of lying. That's what happened. I know these speakers were older, but they looked to be in working shape. I'm pretty sure either you were rushed with your family emergency you said you had, or you had someone else pack and send them for you and they didn't put any thought into it. Either way it showed up a mess. Doesn't matter anyway, already called my credit card so i'm just waiting to send this box of junk back.And if yu guys really want me to post the pics of the dents in the tweeters, the tweet missing the grill and pushed in, and a video of the noise the coils are making i will. But honestly it's moot at this point. If i was scamming this guy i would keep this crap and use it. Its not useable at all. I'd send it back if my credit card wants me to, if not it's all going in the trash.
Well if they were tie wrapped together cone to cone your first pic is after you altered the box. The cones on the woofers are not tied face to face.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

foreman

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
foreman
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies