Find a good match for this box!

Participant count
  • Participant list

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
Currently have a Rockford r1 that is **** near a one note wonder. Doesn't have good output after 80hz very light soft bass tones after that freq. Nor very happy with this substage.

1.25 Cu. Ft. Air Space per Sub (Tuning - 37Hz)

(W) 16.25" x (H) 15.50" x (D) 12.00"

10 in sub box

Is the box I'm using its an Atrend bbox series prefab.

What would be a good match, MUST BE 10 INCH SUB for this box under 100 bucks? Dont want to have to upgrade my current amp id like it be be around 100-250w range. Don't care about SVC or dvc just going to be using a single 10. I like accurate SQ bass but I like to be loud as well.

Most likely the box not subs where are your amp settings at ?
LPF 100HZ. Sensitivity gain set 500mv-2v at 10% (gain at 2v-8v doesn't have good output and can be distorted)

I adjust my bass with a adjustable sub knob. When my gains are set a bit higher I adjust with the sub. There's a 18db bass boost at 45-50 50hz that I usually turn off because when its on its very distorted. Setting my gains higher account for my lack of midrange bass. My dmm broke or I'd set it. using that

Currently have a Rockford r1 that is **** near a one note wonder. Doesn't have good output after 80hz very light soft bass tones after that freq. Nor very happy with this substage.1.25 Cu. Ft. Air Space per Sub (Tuning - 37Hz)

10 in sub box

What would be a good match, MUST BE 10 INCH SUB for this box under 100 bucks? Dont want to have to upgrade my current amp id like it be be around 100-250w range. Don't care about SVC or dvc just going to be using a single 10. I like accurate SQ bass but I like to be loud as well.
Well if you tune it that high (37 hz) it will of course be a one note wonder. Don't use prefab junk.. Go with a bigger box for efficiency and tune low for SQ.. Maybe around 1.75 cu ft @ 32hz.. Go download and use Winisd beta to graph your curve and play around with box sizes and tuning frequencies.

Well if you tune it that high (37 hz) it will of course be a one note wonder. Don't use prefab junk.. Go with a bigger box for efficiency and tune low for SQ.. Maybe around 1.75 cu ft @ 32hz.. Go download and use Winisd beta to graph your curve and play around with box sizes and tuning frequencies.
I've been in touch with box builder on this forum making me a box costing me only shipping and materials. I figured 32hz would be a good point?

250W RMS is not going to make a whole lot of boom on the bottom end, but if that's what you've got you definitely need to go ported. Infinity 1062W is probably one of your best options in this price range.
I think I'm gonna go with the infinity. I think it will be what in looking for in terms of boom. I get some good back massages in my legs and back and the top of my head buzzes when my sub hits near low end. But that's all it has really, 40-70 hz is where it shines. I'm not happy with it at all and everyone told me the same thing.

I've been in touch with box builder on this forum making me a box costing me only shipping and materials. I figured 32hz would be a good point?
Tuning will depend on what music you listen to on a daily basis.. but yea bigger box with a 32hz tune is a good place to start for SQ. You can use an aeroport if you want to adjust tuning. Otherwise I would definitely use Winisd to see how the curve looks before starting on the box. That way you'll know what to expect before you listen to it.

Tuning will depend on what music you listen to on a daily basis.. but yea bigger box with a 32hz tune is a good place to start for SQ. You can use an aeroport if you want to adjust tuning. Otherwise I would definitely use Winisd to see how the curve looks before starting on the box. That way you'll know what to expect before you listen to it.
I post everything off my galaxy s4. My desktop hard drive **** out on me I'll have to fool with that program when I get it up and running again.

37 Hz is not "high". The port is most effective from ~28 Hz up to ~48 Hz, above which the subwoofer cone is making all of the bass. With the typical designs of entry level subs, the sub in this enclosure should easily be able to play 2 octaves before rolling off. The Infinity sub I recommended should play well above 80 Hz.

37 Hz is not "high". The port is most effective from ~28 Hz up to ~48 Hz, above which the subwoofer cone is making all of the bass. With the typical designs of entry level subs, the sub in this enclosure should easily be able to play 2 octaves before rolling off. The Infinity sub I recommended should play well above 80 Hz.
I think it will depend on what type of music OP listens to. 37 hz can definitely work for alot of applications but it's too high for my taste. I like them lows and flatter response. What works for one person might not be the same for another. Just depends on the person's goals and since OP was worried about SQ, i suggested a lower tune. If he's worried about above ~80hz, then a dedicated midbass should be considered. The infinity sub is definitely a better choice than the rockford R1 though and once OP gets a custom box built, he should hear a big improvement for sure.

Currently have a Rockford r1 that is **** near a one note wonder. Doesn't have good output after 80hz very light soft bass tones after that freq. Nor very happy with this substage.1.25 Cu. Ft. Air Space per Sub (Tuning - 37Hz)

10 in sub box

I'm guessing that THIS IS THE ATREND 1-10" BOX YOU HAVE.....

>>link>>

10" SINGLE VENTED

If so...well, that box is 95% of your problem.

Hell, I'm an Atrend retail dealer, and I will tell you now....get rid of that CRAP box. (Atrend model#E10SV).

Atrend makes some good basic boxes, but this is NOT one of them.

Enclosure design is 90% of your subwoofer bass output!!!

Try that RF-R1-10 in a REAL box (true-specs)....about 1.25-1.5cuft @ 33-37hz w/ 15-20sqin of port area for daily listening.

If the box is right, you will **** a brick vs the E10SV-Atrend box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.